Any way to stop indicator lights flashing when locking/unlocking?

StJamesBarton

Bruce from Bristol here, newbie, looking for advice for the question above, any way to stop the indicator lights flashing when locking/unlocking?

Personal preference, I just don't like it.

Can't see any way via the MFD, is it possible via lap top plug in?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

You can definitely stop it bleeping via the Maxidot, because I've done it. I'm fairly sure you can't stop it flashing that way, though. Can't advise on whether VCDS would offer a way to do it, sorry.

You can definitely stop it bleeping via the Maxidot, because I've done it. I'm fairly sure you can't stop it flashing that way, though. Can't advise on whether VCDS would offer a way to do it, sorry.

Yes, I did that too as I didn't like that either, bit OCD, so turned it off for each key, using the Maxidot MFD - and the indicator repeat function, but couldn't find anything in manual about stopping indicators flashing when unlocking/locking. If it needs plugging in, anyone know anyone in the Bristol area that can do it? 

Bruce.

I would have thought that the main beams coming on was more disturbing than

the common or garden flashing lights. But there you go.

Must be an age thing,I like the chirps and flashing lights it confirms the car is alarmed and locked,I wonder if that's why it does it?

Agree.

Re the age thing - I have quite often walked away and then had a thought that maybe I didn't lock it so, the 'fluttering of the eyes' is a comfort........it's happening far too often also ((((

• Like 2

I'm still trying to work out why you would want to.  :notme:

Does it really matter?

Quite agree Graham, this along with those that complain they have to press the unlock button twice to unlock all the doors, this takes how long? I like all the beeps and flashes and I imagine the vast majority of owners do too.  

• Like 2

Quite agree Graham, this along with those that complain they have to press the unlock button twice to unlock all the doors, this takes how long? I like all the beeps and flashes and I imagine the vast majority of owners do too.  

I agree although I recently parked at an event where the carpark was about 5 acres!  I thought then that an additional useful feature could be you press the car fob and a mast pops up from the roof and waves a flag to say " I'm over here". :giggle:

Come on VAG the b****y car does almost everything else. 

Fred

• Like 2

I agree although I recently parked at an event where the carpark was about 5 acres!  I thought then that an additional useful feature could be you press the car fob and a mast pops up from the roof and waves a flag to say " I'm over here". :giggle:

Come on VAG the b****y car does almost everything else. 

Fred

At events like that I keep a length of hi-vis nylon ribbon in the boot that I tie to my aerial. Means I can see the car from a distance away. 

And a question; if you disable the flash does it also disable the flashing if someone tries to steal the car?

And a question; if you disable the flash does it also disable the flashing if someone tries to steal the car?

I suspect not, like the beep that can be stopped if the flash is stopped I suspect the alarm and flashing will still work.

I can see no point in disabling the flash as when any distance from the car there will be no indication of whether its locked or not, but perhaps someone will come up with a good reason for doing it.

This is a perfectly good reason:

"Personal preference, I just don't like it."

Isn't it? Must everyone be the same?

Most if not all on here have Skoda Yeti's :devil:

Is there any part numbers for the MAST and HI VIS jacket.?

Not a hi-vis jacket, just a 500mm of hi-vis tape.

And as a special offer to all Yeti owners I'll even give a special price complete with written instructions on how to fit it.

£25.99 plus p&p.

:angel:

• Like 2

At events like that I keep a length of hi-vis nylon ribbon in the boot that I tie to my aerial. Means I can see the car from a distance away. 

I like that but how about adding a small helium balloon as well? :giggle:

As to the question, I don't know, but then I'm quite happy flashing for as long as I am still able. :notme:

Fred

• Like 1