DSG issue?

Hey.

I notice something strange when accelrating sometimes.

When I floor it out from a junction or something like that it seems to not go at full power at first and second gear. Then when it hits 3d its shoots off.

I was thinking it could ce ECS or something kicking in, but its not blinking in the ECS light.

Is this normal or an issue?

I have the 1.8TSi 7DSG 2015.

Mine's a bit different - and six speed - but takes off like a scolded cat in all gears.  Might be an idea to get it checked out.  A stitch in time, and all that jazz.

Gaz

Can it be the tourqe limiter? Its supposed to only work in first and second gear according to people on this board.

I cant really say Ive noticed it, but I have the dsg6.

• Like 1

I have read in other threads, and possibly in the Yeti one, that in some circumstances when rolling up to a junction and then flooring it, the following could happen.

You approach the junction / roundabout at a reasonable speed, you may be in 4th or 5th at this point.

There is a vehicle to your right, but you decide you can get out in front if you clog it.

Bearing in mind the gearbox is expecting one gear higher or one lower than the one you are in (it's a sequential gearbox).

If you have applied the brake then the other side of the box (the idling clutch) will have preselected a downshift).

So if you are in 5th then fourth is the next lower gear, but as your speed is too slow for that gear it may have to downshift 2 more gears before the torque required suits the engine.

I think this is the cause of the lag, along with a bit of turbo lag if your revs have dropped below 2k.

This item in Wikipedia describes how it works very well... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-Shift_Gearbox#.22D.22_mode