Genuine type Bluetooth kit for octavia?

Hi I'm new to this page I've just got a 2010 octavia vrs tdi, it has a balero touch screen unit with a phone button but it only mutes volume. I'm wanting to put a Bluetooth kit in it as it hasn't got one,I've seen a few oem kits on eBay with a module and cables. Does anyone know if these they just piggy back the original harness and will everything work through the radio?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

Good advice there from Mike but the key as to which module to get largely depends on whether you have maxi dot for pairing. If so it allows you to get a premium module and loom, and these are about 150 or even less these days. And the non premium module is not much less anyway but will pair without maxidot.

Whether it's premium or not they will work with most phones, so it all comes back to maxidot. Do you have it?

I went with a 7P6 module as I don't have maxidot. Integrates with my retrofitted columbus great, for calls and audio streaming. Found module and wiring kit cost 90 quid and fitted myself. No coding required.

Mike

7p6 will not show in preFL maxi dot but will in FL maxi dot if you have it. But it can pair via the newer head unit and works with all phones so doesn't actually need maxi dot.

5n0 will only pair via maxi dot and will show in preFL maxi dot provided it is an a, b or c unit. But these units are old and only work with rSap enabled phones and don't have many add-ons like streaming. Make sure the missus has a Samsung or Nokia, or can root her phone to install the rSap app if you install ithe over the 7p6.

Adam

About 50 quid I would say. It's an older hfp only module but at least it works with all phones and also without maxi dot provided there's a newer headunit in place.

Thanks for your help guys!

And yea Mike if I get one sorted and struggle to get it coded I'll happily have a drive to Whitby!

One thing I'm not sure about is this maxi dot???? What do you mean and how do I know if it's on mine?

The dash board in mine is the white writing if that helps?

Thanks

Paul