exhustedted

bumbly

Hi all I have a superb 2.0 petrol and the exhaust flexi is blowing bad. I have purchased a new pipe with flexi but am having trouble removing pipe from cat. Is there anyone out there that has the secret for removal not been told by vag. All ideas gratefully received

Hi all I have a superb 2.0 petrol and the exhaust flexi is blowing bad. I have purchased a new pipe with flexi but am having trouble removing pipe from cat. Is there anyone out there that has the secret for removal not been told by vag. All ideas gratefully received

Probably needs heat applied to it, to expand the joint?

Thanks for the reply but I don't think I put the question correctly. I cant get to the bolts/nuts on the flange that connects to the cat. It seems very awkward and I was hoping someone would know how to get at them. Once again thanks.

Might be worth downloading the ERWIN guide for that engine - you might find something else needs to come out first or similar.  I only have the one for my 1.9, sorry.

Thanks for the replies but after talking to a local friendly mech we have decided to cut off the flexi and weld in new part here's hoping lol  cheers

Just ensure he doesn'r set fire to, or melt the underseal when brandishing the Oxy...!