Service shock....

Location Location Location.   40,000 is a Service Schedule / Guideline.

Check the filter yourself and even change it if required knowing how you use your car, because someone that only drives in a City and has to sit in traffic behind the likes of Buses or Taxis pumping out pollution can have a very dirty & clogged up air filter and Pollen / cabin filter, much as someone that drives in the countryside but drives farm tracks or maybe works at a quarry and commutes there.

• Like 1

Some aren't changed until 60,000 miles.

Mine are changed once a year. Air, fuel and pollen filters are an easy DIY and all three can be had for less than £30.

Some bedtime reading for you...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/346425-oil-and-air-filter-change-skoda-superb-cr140-cffb/

According to my service book on my 170 2.0 TDi a fuel filter change is an addition to the service every 90000km, this ties up with my service book as it was changed at 67k miles, and also Skoda told my at last service at 90k it wasn't due until probably the next service which according to my car will be about 108k, yes my car is on variable servicing, that also goes for the air filter which was a bit of a surprise!

According to my service book on my 170 2.0 TDi a fuel filter change is an addition to the service every 90000km, this ties up with my service book as it was changed at 67k miles, and also Skoda told my at last service at 90k it wasn't due until probably the next service which according to my car will be about 108k, yes my car is on variable servicing, that also goes for the air filter which was a bit of a surprise!

Just realised my maths are totally wrong! Lol

If its every 90k km or 60k miles the next change should be at about 120k miles not the 108k mikes my service will possibly be! Probably still get it done for peace of mind as it will still be 40k miles since it was changed!

From Skoda/Ebay

---------------------------------------------------------

Little suprised you needing the fuel filter and air filter on such a new car, they dont require replacement until 60,000 miles or 6 years. Are you 100% that is the correct fuel filter as there a choice of 2 on that model depending on the fuel filter housing part number.