Superb MKIII owners register

bruno6 - 1.4 TSI Hatch, Business Grey, DSG, Rear cam, ACC, 17' Stratos alloys, heated windscreen

The first 1.4 TSI on the list! Is yours manual or DSG Bruno6? Curious to know what the only 7 speed dry clutch DSG Box is like on the Superb!

The first 1.4 TSI on the list! Is yours manual or DSG Bruno6? Curious to know what the only 7 speed dry clutch DSG Box is like on the Superb!

Yes mine is DSG box.

Before Superb i had Octavia (2013) also with DSG box. In my opinion DSG gearbox on Superb is more smoother than on Octavia.

• Like 2

10/ 1.6 Hatch SE Business cappachino beige.

Coupes of extras I wasn't expecting - electric boot and rear blinds.

Are those extras which you hadn't spec'ed? And if they are, will all SE Business' come with them as standard I wonder?

11 /  OK not 'exactly' in my possession yet but I've sat in it today so that's close enough isn't it ? :-)

Will post pictures later ...

Superb Estate SE L Executive 2.0 TSI 280 PS 4x4 DSG
Corrida Red
18” Modus wheels
Black Leather
Crew protection assist
Rear side airbags
Variable boot floor
3 Spoke leather MFSW with DSG Paddles
Colour Maxi Dot
LED Package plus
Space saver wheel
5 Year warranty

• Like 3

Yes mine is DSG box.

Before Superb i had Octavia (2013) also with DSG box. In my opinion DSG gearbox on Superb is more smoother than on Octavia.

I've ordered a manual hatch back SEL exec, how does it drive, does it have enough punch in the engine or do you have to work it hard, Just some general comments would be great couldn't test drive one before I ordered, so eagerly awaiting some real life experiences from people I'm hoping its going to be great but coming from 20 years of Diesels i'm a bit concerned. 

I've ordered a manual hatch back SEL exec, how does it drive, does it have enough punch in the engine or do you have to work it hard, Just some general comments would be great couldn't test drive one before I ordered, so eagerly awaiting some real life experiences from people I'm hoping its going to be great but coming from 20 years of Diesels i'm a bit concerned. 

It drives very good. Of course it doesn't have so much punch in the engine than Octavia (103 kw) beacause Superb is heavier. As family car it's quite ok. I like it more than Octavia because it's better to drive and it's more comfortable.

• Like 1

L&K Estate 2.0L 150 PS DSG Auto in Rosso Brunello Ordered 1st July, mine on 13th October.

Brown leather, spare wheel, vent seats, pan roof, v/boot floor, rear camera, smart light assist, travel assist, t/s recognition etc, htd nozzles,

5 year warranty.

A lovely car to look at and to drive. Just trying to come to terms with all the tech especially all the 'assists'!

Decided to separate the owners into trim levels and hatch / estate before the list got too big, makes it easier to see which is more popular etc at a glance,

• Like 2

Decided to separate the owners into trim levels and hatch / estate before the list got too big, makes it easier to see which is more popular etc at a glance,

I think you're going to be busy with this thread ...

• Like 1

Picked mine up today. Superb Estate, SE Exec trim, 2.0TDI 150 Manual, Brilliant Silver. Came with a selection of options, none of which I picked myself as this was an in stock car that I bought as I needed a new car quickly. 19" Sirius alloys, Electric front passenger seat, Front parking sensors, Traffic sign recognition, Colour MaxiDot, Retracting parcel shelf, Heated Washer nozzles, Spare Wheel and WiFi. Black Leather/Alicantra mix interior.

And one key. First one has snapped already. Luckily not in the ignition - took it out after 2nd journey, noticed it didn't fit back into key body and saw it had almost broken off.

Is there no speed limiter on these cars? It mentions one in the manual, but the controls for it aren't there where they should be (on the top of the indicator stalk). Going to miss that from my last car.

I thought the parcel shelf was meant to retract automatically on boot opening, but it doesn't - but the manual (strangely) says that should be in the settings. Not quite sure how the car settings can control a mechanical shelf, but I'll have a look tomorrow. Traffic sign recognition is a bit meh - at one point it told me the speed limit was now 100 (you'd have thought they would have made that impossible in the software in the UK) and it picks up any old sign, including ones for side roads and those ones which warn you of an upcoming change down to 30 for example. But everything else is very nice indeed. First stop, the local Skoda dealer for a new key tomorrow!

Early MPG results on a mixed town / rural roads run of about 25 miles was a reported figure of just over 50 mpg.

Anhunedd, How does the estate look in silver? I'm considering this combination but there are hardly any real pictures available. On the one video I've seen, silver seems to suit the car because it does a good job of highlighting the styling edges.

Regarding the parcel shelf, I think the retracting function is built into the support, not the shelf itself. It controls the "stops" so that the rearward one is released when the tailgate opens (I think).

I'm not massively fussed as to what a car looks like ("Unbeliever! Heathen! Burn the witch!") but I have to admit it looks great. The brilliant silver is (to my eyes) pretty much the same colour as the Sirius alloys, and the few black pieces are set well against the silver, and of course match the tyre colour. So I have a nice consistent two-colour scheme. I'll try to get a couple of pics in the real world at the weekend, but by the time I get around to that, it'll probably be three-colour as it's being driven in rural Wales - silver, black and mud :)

• Like 1

Collected today...

L&K Hatch

280 PS - Cappuccino, brown leather. Smart light assist, travel assist, crew protection assist, rear-view camera, rear & rear-side blinds, sunroof, heated washer nozzles, rear wiper, DSG paddle wheel, ventilated front seats, passenger seat adjust from rear, rear backrest release, media command, bluetooth+ phone box.

you missed the sink from the kicthen. 

• Like 2

you missed the sink from the kicthen. 

No, that was an after-sales option - along with the waste bin, winter wheels (bronze Zenith), tyre blankets, bulb pack, boot mat, iPad holder...  :zzz:

• Like 1

Collected yesterday - SE Business 2.0tdi 150ps manual hatch in business grey. Extras are heated front screen and spare wheel. Also came with electronic boot and rear sun blinds which I did not spec (same as kingofscotland's surprise extras)

Picked up new Superb SEL Executive 5 Door Hatch from dealer today

Car is "Superb" very please with it, much larger than I had realised, just fits in garage.

CAR SPEC

Engine & Gearbox: 2.0 TDI 150 PS DSG

Colour; Candy White.

Interior Trim: Black Leather
Extra equipment;

Tri-zone climate control (PH2)

18" Pegasus alloy wheels (PJ6)

Temporary space-saver spare wheel (PJA)

3 spoke leather MFSW with DSG paddles (PLE)

LED package plus (PNF)

Premium WLAN with integrated high-speed LTE internet (PT2)

Travel assist (PWD)

Light assist with Lane assist and BSD (PWZ)

Media Command (RA1)

Front and rear parking sensors (7X2)

Rear window wiper (8M1)

Rear-view parking camera (KA2)

Colour Maxi DOT trip computer (9S6)

SmartGate (EI9)

Sun visors with mirror, illuminated (5XH)

Sunblinds for rear side windows (3Y4)

Textile floor mat set (0TD)

Boot Liner and Floor Mat Set (Rubber)

Edited by roughrider10
  • Like 2