Audiosources DS620 Android head unit

Checking Audiosources site, icebox site might have a typo, and should be called the DS820:

http://www.audiosources.net/prod_view.aspx?TypeId=50002&Id=303&FId=t3:50002:3

If it is, I think I'll have a crack, since it seems to be a non-Android unit, but is able to mirror link to Andriod phones - best of both worlds?

Checking Audiosources site, icebox site might have a typo, and should be called the DS820:

http://www.audiosources.net/prod_view.aspx?TypeId=50002&Id=303&FId=t3:50002:3

If it is, I think I'll have a crack, since it seems to be a non-Android unit, but is able to mirror link to Andriod phones - best of both worlds?

if you do decide to get this unit, Keep us informed, I'm now thinking of this unit or the s160 on iceboxauto.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Just fitted one of these to my 56 plate L&K, went in with easy fit, I have the MFD and steering wheel controls, the only thing I had to add was the VW bluetooth microphone with the OEM lead and green 12 pin plug (bought from auction site).

The green plug then slotted into the Skoda plug framework which holds the other plugs and fitted straight into the back of the DS820.

Original FM aerial plugged straight in, came with satelitte aerial, which I have just loosly fitted behind head unit.

Then slots into existing surround (previous Stream MP3). Everything works, well, including rear parking sensors and steering wheel controls. However a few niggles that I need to sort out:

Time/date doesn't seem to want to change from (what I presume is China time zone), changess for a few seconds and then resets, this is also on the satelitte setup.

Speed is in KMH

Doesn't show climate control settings (which it is supposed to)

Otherwise, was a very easy fit and works really well, can connect to multiple mobile phone, downloads the address book for quick calling, screen is excellent, so if I can get the issues sorted, then really pleased.

Hi,

Just fitted one of these to my 56 plate L&K, went in with easy fit, I have the MFD and steering wheel controls, the only thing I had to add was the VW bluetooth microphone with the OEM lead and green 12 pin plug (bought from auction site).

The green plug then slotted into the Skoda plug framework which holds the other plugs and fitted straight into the back of the DS820.

Original FM aerial plugged straight in, came with satelitte aerial, which I have just loosly fitted behind head unit.

Then slots into existing surround (previous Stream MP3). Everything works, well, including rear parking sensors and steering wheel controls. However a few niggles that I need to sort out:

Time/date doesn't seem to want to change from (what I presume is China time zone), changess for a few seconds and then resets, this is also on the satelitte setup.

Speed is in KMH

Otherwise, was a very easy fit and works really well, can connect to multiple mobile phone, downloads the address book for quick calling, screen is excellent, so if I can get the issues sorted, then really pleased.

Did you buy from Icebox? and if so have you run your niggles past them? I've been working on the assumption that the built in BT microphone would be sufficient, is this not the case?  

Hi,

Speed is in KMH

On a B5.5 Passat I had "chinese" HU. About the time issue --> had to take out GPS maps SD card and than adjust the time. 

Maybe it's similar on yours?

Best thing would be to contact seller about that issue, think they should know how to sort it. 

Good luck  :thumbup:

Edited by tuta125

HI, Yes I have been in contact with ICEBOX and with AudioSources direct, and am waiting for a reply.

ON the point about the GPS, I agree I have switched off the Nav and it then works fine, so I presume it is some conflict between the 2,

HI,

When I had the Stream MP3 in, and changed the climate settings, it would show on the head unit, so I would certianly expect the same to happen on the DS.

Rob at Icebox has now provided a firmware update, so will try that tonight if I get time.

OK Fr0d, that is now what I have been told by Rob at ICEBOX.

I suppose I am a little disappointed, as it did show up on the Stream MP3, and the blurb for the new head unit said it was for 2006, so I would have expected it to work. However it’s not the end of the world to me.

I have now had a chance to load the firmware update. The SD card is 8Gb, so there was just enough room to create a new folder, move all the GPS software into it and then load the new firmware onto the root.

Install was easy...and it works!!! Now keeps the correct time.

I am really pleased with it, phone and address book sync works well, SD music sounds great, can all work at the same time, so none of this loosing music after using the sat nav.

Looks great, fit is nearly perfect, good match for the sheen of the Skoda surround, had to change the colour from the Red after the upgrade, but easily done through factory settings.

Last thing for me is the random play, but this is really because I chose to file my song tracks in album folders, which it doesn’t seem to like.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

OK Fr0d, that is now what I have been told by Rob at ICEBOX.

I suppose I am a little disappointed, as it did show up on the Stream MP3, and the blurb for the new head unit said it was for 2006, so I would have expected it to work. However it’s not the end of the world to me.

I have now had a chance to load the firmware update. The SD card is 8Gb, so there was just enough room to create a new folder, move all the GPS software into it and then load the new firmware onto the root.

Install was easy...and it works!!! Now keeps the correct time.

I am really pleased with it, phone and address book sync works well, SD music sounds great, can all work at the same time, so none of this loosing music after using the sat nav.

Looks great, fit is nearly perfect, good match for the sheen of the Skoda surround, had to change the colour from the Red after the upgrade, but easily done through factory settings.

Last thing for me is the random play, but this is really because I chose to file my song tracks in album folders, which it doesn’t seem to like.

Did you ever manage to get the speed into mph rather than km? Its the thing that frustrates me most about it.