Anyone fitted: Onstar - auto dim mirror - sunglass holder - soft close grab handles

Just looking at different bits and pieces I'd want fitted to my car and came across onstar, looks quite fancy I guess, I'd want to change it to fit a dash cam though.

Autodim mirror also, not a massive difference but just a little extra gadget maybe.

Imagine the sunglass holder is an easy one as well.

I've heard people fitting the soft close grab handles but not sure what model they come off?

Pic of Onstar and mirror

image.jpg

Can't help with the other bits, but I bought my sunglasses holder off eBay from China. To be fair it's really good quality and matches the colour of the plastic perfectly.

Here'a a link...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roof-Mount-Sunglass-Holder-For-VW-Volkswagen-MK4-Golf-Bora-Polo-9N3-Black-/252025811459?hash=item3aade8b203

I have one on order from China, I fitted one (Golf Mk4) to wife's 9N Polo back in 2004, then you could get them at VW dealer or on-line, but I've discovered that VAG Europe have dropped that part, so it is China or nothing. Reason I've ordered one is that I handed the old Polo in with it still fitted as I thought the latest Polo would have one fitted, it kind of does - it is inside the passenger side glove box - how useful is that?  Soft retracting grab handles, get from a 9N Polo 5 door.

The trouble is knowing which ones are soft close from a picture, I can see plenty on eBay but none suggest soft close etc...

I guess the sunglass holder is more for show, I currently just have a cut out for one or a grab handle but it's just an empty space.

Soft close have a small white plastic cylinder on the right of the handle inside as seen here in my old vrs. The handles came from an Audi s3 but we're too long so I retro fitted the soft close mech to the fabia handles.

9b7250ac.jpgc

8c870015.jpg

Onstar is just Bluetooth really, I've read it was only available in America though. I thought the Fabia headcloth would have the cut out the same as the polo and Ibiza but was disappointed to see it doesn't so won't bother with it.

Any idea if these are soft close?

From a basic spec polo 9n3 2006

image.jpg

Edit: checked and they arnt soft close so all polo 9n3 ones arnt soft close.