what dampers

Have fitted heavy duty springs to rear of vrs for towing and a bit more ground clearance. Ride height is now much better and car no longer bottoms out.

However still on original VRS dampers

What is recommended as a replacement? Was thinking KYB gasajust monotubes as these are meant to be uprated and can get for a very good price.

Can I use sports dampers or are they too short?

By the same token do I have to use heavy duty (ofroad dampers) or will I get away with normal length ones?

Thanks in advance

What's your budget and what do you tow? I tow a track car/trailer/gear that's about 1000kgs maybe a dozen times a year. The suspension on my vRS is pretty tired after 10 years and 121k miles, so Damian at DPM Performance (a Briskoda site trader) has suggested that Bilstein B8 Sprints and H&Rs will be a very good upgrade, as I wouldn't mind trackdaying the Octavia every now and again:

https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/car-parts/skoda/octavia/bilstein-b8-sprint-damper-shock-absorber-kit-octavia-1u-vrs-18t-0501

Koni Sport Yellow.  Love mine to bits.

I had some form of KYB on my Subaru Legacy Gen2.  They are well built & good quality but suffer from "weird Japanese valving syndrome".  ie:  They seem to work it out on a computer but never actually fit them to a car & drive on them.  So it's almost right but not quite.