Removing Rear seat Backs?

Hi, Have had a swaerch on here re removing the seatbacks from my 2002 tdi.

So far I've managed to locate and remove the outer sections where the backs clip in, but I'm struggling to find out how to loosen the seatvelt clip holder so I can get the other section out.

anyone got any pics to help me along?

muchos gracias

Ok, with them folded down half way you should see the clip on the outsides you push up with a screwdriver to release the rod upwards.  Then you just pull off the T piece - It can be a bit of a wiggle though as can be stiff.

If you have a centre shoulder belt there is likely a 17mm bolt to undo low down.  Socket and small extension can normally reach it.  :)

• Like 1

Ok, with them folded down half way you should see the clip on the outsides you push up with a screwdriver to release the rod upwards.  Then you just pull off the T piece - It can be a bit of a wiggle though as can be stiff.

If you have a centre shoulder belt there is likely a 17mm bolt to undo low down.  Socket and small extension can normally reach it.   :)

Cheers- I shall investamagate further.

Do the backs come out individually ionce the seat belt bolt is removed?

Cheers- I shall investamagate further.

Do the backs come out individually ionce the seat belt bolt is removed?

Yes. Once the back is released the centre seat belt locks and shouldn't move in or out.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1