DIY drinks holder

ajs_vrs

an extra one can be fitted from the elegance model, it changes the very rear tray on the centre console behind the handbrake into an extra cup holder, but mostly for people sitting in the rear.

The front ashtray and gear leaver surround can be swapped for a cup holder.

The left side blank beside the radio can be removed and a pop out one fitted.

The tray under the radio can be removed and two Pop out ones from a lupo etc can be fitted in its place.

an extra one can be fitted from the elegance model, it changes the very rear tray on the centre console behind the handbrake into an extra cup holder, but mostly for people sitting in the rear.

The front ashtray and gear leaver surround can be swapped for a cup holder.

The left side blank beside the radio can be removed and a pop out one fitted.

The tray under the radio can be removed and two Pop out ones from a lupo etc can be fitted in its place.

Also one when you fold out the rear ashtray

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine has one in the centre console and two in the glovebox lid, they all work very well and since I only generally have one drink on the go while I'm driving I feel spoiled for choice, the one next to me in the centre console is incredibly secure and can cope with really spirited driving without spilling a drop. Don't VRS's have these luxuries fitted?

• Like 1

Mine has one in the centre console and two in the glovebox lid, they all work very well and since I only generally have one drink on the go while I'm driving I feel spoiled for choice, the one next to me in the centre console is incredibly secure and can cope with really spirited driving without spilling a drop. Don't VRS's have these luxuries fitted?

don't be daft, the vRS doesn't even come with an internal boot release :D

#thevrsisnotthebestfabia

• Like 1

Are we talking about the cup holder behind the hand brake? Both my vrs have them. I thought it was the standard cup holder for all fabias.

Yeah there is also one in the ashtray behind that, which on some Fabians folds out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't use one in ashtray as I've fitted additional ciggy sockets, don't have the one by the handbrake as I have got an armrest in there now, don't have the one at the back nor would be able to reach it with arm rest in the way! Don't fancy fitting polo one as I love my cubby hole :) and the one by the radio... Not gonna happen

Glove box is only option but annoying for passengers 

Anyone fitted any of modified holders from other car?

I can only fit the one that fits to the LHS or RHS of the radio and I'm not paying £80! ha

Cheers

Replace your ashtray?

Oh dear, armresets on Ali...

Plenty of clip or screw on drinks holders around....

- One which folds up and has a freewheeling propeller thing thing on it to go over the air vent...

- One which clips down the side of the door glass and hangs alongside the top of the door card

And some google images...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fabia+ash+tray+drinks+holder&biw=1429&bih=994&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CCAQsARqFQoTCL_V8JDI0ccCFdMX2wodHGUFFg&dpr=0.9

J.

Edited by vindaloo
  • Like 1

Hmm was looking something more professional looking than clip on/window mounted... I've just replaced all the vents because of previous owner clip on rubbish!

Has anyone used aliexpress? That looks like a proper fabia arm rest! Good find 

Perfect I've been thinking about this on my way home today!

That one can hold a can, I don't think there's enough space for a 0.5L bottle...I'm also not sure how stable would a cup of coffee. I replaced the ashtray from the center console for the passengers in the back with a cupholder from an Elegance model and it seems to be pretty ok so far.

Part numbers

later edit:

I've helped a friend with a Mk1 Focus to fit one of those. It went pretty well.

Edited by Alexandru

I do like both of them, but thinking of getting a double din, so the second one is outta the question, want one up front as its bad enough reaching round as it is. Might consider it for the kids though.

Thanks for the links!