Please can you identify this trim piece?

Hi ya'll

I'm hoping a Sherlock can help me identify these 3 little piece of rubber trim that have appeared in the drivers footwell. I'll looked on-line and can't find any images and they are too small for a part number.

At first I thought they were from the little drawer under the day but cannot find a hole they would fit in.

Any ideas or are they destined to live out their lives in a pot in the garage? No prize other than kudos and a virtual beer.

post-12916-0-89484400-1440896533_thumb.jpg

Pound coin for scale.

Thanks

Edited by darrenw
  • Like 1

Nope, they come from above the pedals. I had one of these come off and drop onto my foot when I picked the car up from a service years ago. They put it back on then it fell straight off again and then either the bloke who had replaced it had left or something cos they had no idea where it came from either.

But it's definitely, 100% from somewhere above the pedals. Gravity and the sense of touch tell me so. :)

• Like 1

Nope, they come from above the pedals. I had one of these come off and drop onto my foot when I picked the car up from a service years ago. They put it back on then it fell straight off again and then either the bloke who had replaced it had left or something cos they had no idea where it came from either.

But it's definitely, 100% from somewhere above the pedals. Gravity and the sense of touch tell me so. :)

You sir, are a scholar. The pedals make sense seeing as there are 3. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

I can't immediately feel where they have fallen from but will have a proper look when I get the seats our in the coming weeks. Go enjoy your virtual beer. Thank you.

• Like 2

No worries. Not sure if I kept the one that fell out, but been driving for years without it so don't know how important they are, I would surmise that it's some sort of bump stop. From memory, I think the service manager thought it was from the pedal as well, but I could never get my head under the dash enough to work out where they might be from, as well as not even knowing where to start with such a small piece as I thought it was a one off piece. Obviously, the fact you had three come/fall off means that theoretically if someone was to look at the other pedals it might be possible to see one still in place and work out the rest. ;)

I had a couple of these come off when trying to fix bits under the steering wheel. I'm pretty sure they're from the back of the dashboard trim above the pedals. There are a couple of small holes/slots for them to fit into but you'll probably have to remove the trim panel to put them back in. I don't think they do much but might stop some squeaking where the plastics touch.

• 8 months later...

This has been answered on here previously.

It is to let you know how large a £1 coin is in case you want to produce a Size Comparison photograph!