Hi All,

A bit of advice on a couple of questions please. I've just bought a 2011 Octavia Greenline II after having had my trusty Fabia estate for the last 14 years (still in the family though!)

I got a cracking deal on this ex- fleet Octavia and it's utterly brilliant. However, two minor niggles; there is no spare key and the SD card is missing (although the Nav CDs are present)

Question 1: I've sourced a key from TPS, a local Skoda factors and they've quoted £70 and will order it as soon as I've got my new V5, although I have to get the fob programmed myself - I've read that this can be done quite easily provided I've got the immobiliser code, or am I barking up the wrong tree here? Is there a cheaper way of getting the key and fob done all in one?

Question 2, is around the Amundsen Navigation. The CDs are present so I can run the Satnav from these, but obviously I would prefer to load the info on a SD card so I can play CDs.

I presume I can use any SD card as an SD card is an SD card or is there some hidden software on the 'Skoda' SD card?  - I suspect that this might might be the case as I'm unable to setup the 'Phone' option, to work the Bluetooth as all it does at present is mute the audio.

All clean answers would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Rob

You might find you don't have Bluetooth in the car. It's not a feature of the head unit, but a module fitted to the car which the head unit then uses when you want to make a call. Best check that first.

As regards the keys, that's complicated. Key blade to be cut, immobiliser to be coded, remote part to be matched to the car, have you actually got the immo code?

I know a guy from Huddersfield (on facebook) can sell you a complete bentley style key coded and fitted for £90. I'd be giving him a knock first.

Thanks both.

Put a spare 16GB SD card in and ran the Satnav CD to test - it copied it to the SD card perfectly. Just ordered a 32GB card so I can load up the A-Z of the Pantheon of Rock, too!

With regards the key...Lex Auto Lease who I bought the car from from said they'd contact the dealer for the immobiliser code, so I'll wait...the individual it was leased to left their home address in the Satnav, so I just might drop them a line...nothing to lose I guess.

Once again thanks, much appreciated.

Edited by Rock god