Indicator clicking when just driving along

The thing which makes the clicking noise (i.e the hazard button) is randomly clicking when driving, mostly just after actually using signals, which are working fine, as is the hazard function generally.  It is just a clicking and there are no lights going etc.

Anyone else had this?  Is it just a case of replacing the hazard switch unit or might it be something else? :)

Either hazard switch or stalk. Most commonly the hazard switch. You probably have spares of both lol. Try hazard switch first as it's the easiest to change. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This started happening on my (now departed) Mk1 Octavia.  O(n my car it wasn't the hazard switch but the indicator stalk itself, and the fault often seemed triggered by using the turn signals.  A good spray of contact cleaner and wiggle of the stalk sorted it out for me.

• Like 2