Heavy duty suspension components

I'm talking about springs and dampers. My front end might be a little bit lower than it should be IMHO. Are there any other components included in this setup beside those..such as spacers or something ? My driveshafts are slightly rubbing on the wheel hub, causing a humming noise when steering left or right, at any speed. I suspect the previous owner has played a bit with the front suspension setup and fitted something wrong.

Edited by Alexandru

I lifted my car yersteday and carefully checked again the drivetrain. The mechanic who told me that my driveshaft is rubbing on the wheelhub might be a moron. The grinding noise is made by a faulty wheel bearing. I'd so love to have my own garage..

There IS a heavy duty suspension setup because there are different springs and dampers(6Q0413031BK+6Q0411105P+6Q0412301 for the front end / 6Q0511115AC+6Q0513025AH for the rear end). I wasn't sure if there are some other components fitted into the setup, beside shock absorbers and coil springs. 

I know that MK2 Octy has some spacers under the top struts along with the rest of the parts. 

Unless you are going Rallying maybe just get standard Fabia Suspension parts or vRS suspension parts,

Heavy Duty is not a requirement is it, just the correct parts correctly fitted.

You get different springs rates with Skoda as you do with most manufacturers vehicles,

Front or rear correct for Petrol Models, for Diesels with heavier engines, Estates in petrol or diesel, and extra rear poundage springs, maybe stronger Rears for Towing, (or spring assistors)

& for Octavias the same thing, and Scout Models different springs and dampers again.

eg,

on the left Fabia Springs,(mk2)

on the Right Heavy Duty.

(not for a Fabia obviously unless you are jacking one up..)

post-86161-0-26732400-1441095086_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-54426100-1441095158_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Alex is actually right.

In countries such as Romania, some Skoda models have been sold with an optional "bad roads" kit.

I don't know however exactly what was contained.

Alex, you could maybe ask your local Skoda dealer about it?

On the parts which have been listed in post 5, I am not sure exactly what is being interpreted as heavy duty? There may well be different springs and shock absorbers based on slightly different models of the same car that weigh different and are sport/non sport variants.

I know that isn't really answering your question, I'm just not sure what you are looking for exists, although I could well be wrong. In terms of what your mechanic has told you, that your driveshaft is rubbing on your hub, I'm not sure that makes sense to me at all?

I am always more that happy to be corrected, but the only contact your driveshaft has with your hub is the spline on the end of the driveshaft (which is actually from the CV joint) which sits in the hub. If you driveshaft is touching the hub by any other means it would have snapped or would be in a position which would pretty much make the car undriveable?

Edit: apologies, looks like I have regurgitated some of what has already been alluded to in post 6.

Could it be possible you don't mean heavy duty? If a spring is wound different or a shock absorber is firmer, it doesn't necessarily mean it is heavy duty it just means it tailored for a specific application where the associated characteristics are desirable.

For me heavy duty is over engineered. For example heavy duty droplinks which are thicker and have more substantial joints (like Meyle HD stuff).

What is it your are trying to do?

• 3 weeks later...

Finally ! B)

I've found what I've been looking for: 68530121 from KW, combined with the 6Q0411105{P,Q,R,S,T,AA,AB} - I really don't know which springs should be, I couldn't find any details regading each of those codes. Anyhow, the kit should give an extra 20mm from the spacers + ~20mm from the springs.

Pretty good for light offroading / snowy roads IMHO. :notme:

Later edit: longer springs would require different shock absorbers ? :dull:

This would be my winter setup, so replacing the springs with shorter ones and removing the spacers when the spring returns will be the next move. I don't really mind doing this twice / year. It shouldn't take more than 2 hours along with the wheel alignment procedure.

Later later edit: for the rear end, the spacers would be 68530069 + 6Q0511115A{C,H,D,E}.

Does anybody know where could I find the specs of each set of springs and which are the main difference between them (hardness, height etc.) ? 

I suggest an admin could edit the title of the thread or add a description related to 'lifting solution' or 'increasing ground clearance', maybe my schizophrenia will help somebody ... someday.  :rofl:

Edited by Alexandru

Finally ! B)

I've found what I've been looking for: 68530121 from KW, combined with the 6Q0411105{P,Q,R,S,T,AA,AB} - I really don't know which springs should be, I couldn't find any details regading each of those codes. Anyhow, the kit should give an extra 20mm from the spacers + ~20mm from the springs.

Pretty good for light offroading / snowy roads IMHO. :notme:

Later edit: longer springs would require different shock absorbers ? :dull:

This would be my winter setup, so replacing the springs with shorter ones and removing the spacers when the spring returns will be the next move. I don't really mind doing this twice / year. It shouldn't take more than 2 hours along with the wheel alignment procedure.

Later later edit: for the rear end, the spacers would be 68530069 + 6Q0511115A{C,H,D,E}.

Does anybody know where could I find the specs of each set of springs and which are the main difference between them (hardness, height etc.) ?

I suggest an admin could edit the title of the thread or add a description related to 'lifting solution' or 'increasing ground clearance', maybe my schizophrenia will help somebody ... someday. :rofl:

Should be able to edit the title in your first post