Day Light

How can I turn off my Skoda Octavia FSI 1.6

Day driving light

It's always on

And when I try to turn the central lock the day light turn on and stays there unless I don't turn it on to another two points ..??

What year is it?

I can turn the DRLs on and off on my 2012 car with a procedure involving the headlight flasher and the indicator stalk.

My DRLs are turned off when headlights or sidelights are on.

Which light bulbs are performing the role of daytime running lights (DRL's)?

I don't think the 1.6 FSi engine was available in the facelift (2009 > 2013)? In which case your Octavia is a pre-FL (2004 > 2009)?

If it is a FL then the DRL's will have their own bulb down next to the foglights and can either been turned on / off in the menu (only if Maxidot is fitted) or as mentioned above by using a set sequence of the indicator stalk (detailed in the manual)...

SkodaOctaviaDRL.jpg

If it is a pre-FL then the DRL's utilise the normal dipped headlights. To turn them on / off you need a dealer or someone with VCDS software.

Which light bulbs are performing the role of daytime running lights (DRL's)?

I don't think the 1.6 FSi engine was available in the facelift (2009 > 2013)? In which case your Octavia is a pre-FL (2004 > 2009)?

If it is a FL then the DRL's will have their own bulb down next to the foglights and can either been turned on / off in the menu (only if Maxidot is fitted) or as mentioned above by using a set sequence of the indicator stalk (detailed in the manual)...

SkodaOctaviaDRL.jpg

If it is a pre-FL then the DRL's utilise the normal dipped headlights. To turn them on / off you need a dealer or someone with VCDS software.

I think Skoda did a not quite limited edition of the FL with the 1.6 fsi engine. Basically flogged a batch of them off cheap.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk