Track rod + FARB knocking when on full lock.

AshVrs

Actually doesn't even have to be full lock, just some steering lock.

The car is lowered in the region of 35 -40mm I'd guess on eibach pro springs with standard dampers. The car has no knocks what so ever under normal driving but should it drive over uneven/bumpy road whilst steering either left or right, I get quite a significant knock.

Now the reason I think it is the front anti roll bar rubbing/knocking on the track rod is I can see where the FARB has been hitting it slightly.

I have tried shorter mondeo droplinks but they haven't solved it (although I initially thought they had, as it appeared to stop for a few days.Not sure if this is of any significance?).

Any ideas please chaps or anyone else had any experience of this?

I'll grab some pictured when it stops raining to show what I mean more but obviously whilst the car is static, there looks to be plenty of clearance.

sent from my Galaxy Note 4

They "look" alright mate. However saying that, I've only physically had the drivers side out to give it the once over (and it's sods law that side has always been the least offending in terms of the knock!).

I'm fairly confident they are original bushes though and the car is 10 years old. They don't look perished or cracked in anyway and I have given them a good smear of rubber grease.

I've got cupra console bushes in the garage but I couldn't get the bloody things in with the sealey bush tool so when I discovered one console bush was ok when I started the job, I just put it back in and gave up.

The front wishbone bushes "look" ok too. Certainly the side I took the wishbone out on look very solid.

I may just replace console bushes as a matter of course as they aren't massively expensive for some meyle ones.

Yes I exhausted my options pretty quickly as I had nothing quite the right diameter to act as a shim to push on the outer casing of the bush.

I found I was just pushing on the actual rubber and would have just ended up wrecking the bush!

The original tooling pushes on the rubber, I was concerned about separating the rubber from the alloy but I had no other choice, all went back together nicely, before I did this I Googled cupra tool and it's just abit deeper!