Rear parking sensors

Hi all

I have looked through the various posts but can't really find a good answer. Having just bought my car it does not have rear parking sensors, which would be useful. Is it really worth paying the price for the original equipment, or would a kit such as Cobra do the job nicely. Has anybody got any experience of how well kits like Cobra perform? 

Hi

I've fitted a few cobra kits and to be honest they do the job but I wouldn't say they the best! A lot of dealers fit them even though they are just aftermarket, if it's possible I'd look into genuine ones or scorpion ones. Cobra are a bit cheap made I think.

Paul

I bought a cheap set off the bay cost around £14, colour match was perfect, black magic, a bit daunting drilling through your bumper but did plenty of measuring marked out using masking tape hey presto been on the car 8 months now never let me down best bit is plenty of comments from people who think they are oem fit.

Genuine ones from Skoda are £120, a bit pricey. Skoda want a total of £250 fitted, blimey!!! Waiting for a quote from a local bodyshop supplied and fitted. Wish I had the time, and with this weather, a garage and I would fit them myself.

I bought a cheap set off the bay cost around £14, colour match was perfect, black magic, a bit daunting drilling through your bumper but did plenty of measuring marked out using masking tape hey presto been on the car 8 months now never let me down best bit is plenty of comments from people who think they are oem fit.

Any links?

I fitted a set off ebay to mine last year,it was £15 delivered,i painted mine so i had a perfect colour match,total cost was around £30 for the sensors & a tin of paint made up & some laquer,took me 2 hours to fit them,easy job to do,my bumper even had the holes marked out on the inside of the bumper.

Our Seat dealership uses the meta kit (abp0043 iirc) for all dealer fit sensors although you can get the ones on part number 5fo 054 752 which are dearer, however i do believe the meta ones are now on part number, ill post pn tom when get to work

Do they just fit straight into a loom that's already there ? Or do you have to run wires through to the dash? Intrigued

You also need a loom. The original ones go into the car via a rubber bung in the spare wheel then into a control unit on the passenger side in the boot.

The control unit also connected to the can gateway to tell it when reverse it engaged etc.