Reversing camera?

Hi all!

Has anyone fitted a reversing camera to an octavia? I was thinking of putting one on my VRS.

If anyone has is it possible to link it through bolero head unit or woukd I have to get an external monitor? Also the cameras I've been looking at replace one of the number plate lamps but the distance between the screw holes doesn't seem to be the same as mine??

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

To avoid too much grief on the hatchback, you can run the cables through a new rubber guide on the two grommits on the opposite side to the rest of the wiring. You can pickup the guides quite cheaply.

Powering the camera can be an issue. I originally took power from the reverve light, but this kept interfering with the image. So in the end, I took power from a switched live and used a relay from the reverse light instead.

My camera was a number plate one, with CCD and illumination. Does the job quite well really.

Running the cables was easy: remove sunvisor, remove grab-handle, (both are screwed in), removed plastic roof trim at the back, pushed a piece of plastic from back to front, taped the wired to the plastic and pulled it back through. :) :)