Milltek exhaust Fabia vrs se 1.9tdi

I'm thinking of putting a milltek exhaust on my Fabia. Has anyone else used one and what kind of performance and sound differences did anyone notice.

Also has anyone had any experience with the Jetex exhausts for the Fabia?

I have one on mine. I think it makes a better noise than most other aftermarket exhausts. It also fills the rear bumper recess quite well

Mine is a de-cat so there's a tiny performance increase from removing the restriction.

That's what I thought. I think I'll just get the cat back system. Easy to fit and should give the look and sound nicely.

If you leave the CAT in you won't get hardly any difference in sound.

Find your local Longlife exhaust franchise and then choose which type of tailpipe you want,they have loads on there website.

Go for a dummy cat and the smallest backbox they have,you will get a bit of nice noise then at full throttle but low down/town driving you don't get the chavvy noise you do with running no silencer ;)

Mine is a de-cat so there's a tiny performance increase from removing the restriction.

No there isn't.

The standard OEM exhaust system WITH cat is fine to ~220 BHP after which backpressure may start to build at high RPM with a larger turbo fitted. The cat is not any more 'restrictive' than the missing section of 2.25" pipe it replaces, the entire system flows as well as a 2.25" open pipe, it was carefully designed that way by good engineers with access to powerful computers.

No there isn't.

The standard OEM exhaust system WITH cat is fine to ~220 BHP after which backpressure may start to build at high RPM with a larger turbo fitted. The cat is not any more 'restrictive' than the missing section of 2.25" pipe it replaces, the entire system flows as well as a 2.25" open pipe, it was carefully designed that way by good engineers with access to powerful computers.

Well I do run in excess of 220 ponies.

Also there's a weight saving from CAT removal, albeit small.

My SE got 139.4bhp on the rollers. That was factory but with the Milltek. Although I didn't get a record before it was on.

Methinks you could do with a remap, that's a bit low for a standard car, the exhaust may actually be losing power without the remap.

Methinks you could do with a remap, that's a bit low for a standard car, the exhaust may actually be losing power without the remap.

139bhp isn't low for standard. It's only meant to be 130bhp. I have a shark map on it now at 178.9bhp.

• Like 1

I don't know why you're arguing about flywheel BHP figures on an RR.... May as well argue it'll be sunny tomorrow... :)

Normally I'd agree, in this case I'm simply making the point that fitting a 'performance' exhaust to an unmapped standard car will generally lose power, highlighting how silly these mods are when considered in isolation and also just how good the standard exhaust system is.