Additional Coolant Pump Warning - F20 Fuse missing?

After over a month of ownership and approx 1500 miles, I got an EML light on the dash.

I had it plugged in and the code was P261A which is an intermittent open circuit for the additional coolant pump. I understand that this is the V178 electric pump which circulates the engine coolant after a hot shut down.

I have had the job priced up but before going ahead I wanted to check fuses etc.

I opened my ebox up and wondered what all the missing fuses were.

Most of them are things my car doesn’t have such as an auto gear box.

But fuse F20 is missing and the manual says this is “water pump”.

Can anybody clarify which water pump this fuse is for?

It’s obviously not the window washers and the main engine pump is mechanical so all I can think of is that this missing fuse is for the electric additional pump.

Might there have been a problem and the previous owner has removed the fuse to get rid of the dash light? I’ve had the car over a month and already done 1500 miles so surely it wouldn’t have taken so long for the light to come on if the fault already existed.

I am curious just to pop a 10amp use in the slot and see what happens but I thought I’d get some advice on here first.

Any help appreciated : )

Edited by Chris485VRS

So.... I just found another slightly different wording for the fuse layout. rather than just "water pump" as stated in the manual, the online one i found says "water pump for fuel dosing".

I know some cars have an additive tank for 'adblu' to be added to the fuel. I am not aware of any mk2 octavias that do this and searching for "octavia fuel dosing" on google doesn't find anything relevant.

At least this sounds like the fuse has nothing to do with the coolant pump I am getting the error code for.

Which makes me think.... which fuse is it then? Any ideas?

It might be worth your while going onto erWin and downloading the current flow diagram. You'll have to register, and spend 7 Euros + VAT, but you could download everything you could possibly want to know about your car in the hour which that gives you.

• Like 1