Skoda Fabia Mk. II 1.6 CR TDI possible faults

kapmar

Hello everyone!

Sorry for opening a new topic, I have been browsing them for a while and couldn't find a relevant one.

I have a Skoda Fabia Mk. II 1.6 CR TDI 2010.

An issue came up today driving on the highway, the glowplug (glow coil, sorry English is not my native language and I can't find the proper word for it) sign came on and just blinked without any loss of power (without the usual limp mode).

Went to a mechanic got the reading out but nothing.

He told me it is possible that the DPF was regenarating. I'm a bit sceptic though because I have driven this car for almost 50.000 km and this sign didn't come up so far just when something was wrong. (for example with the EGR valve, cost me two weeks without the car and around 600 Euros) And in addition I drive it day-by-day on highway 70 - 70 km each way.

Checked the breaking lights as well, those were good also.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Best regards,

Márton

I have had 3 of these.  Lamda sensor failure.  EGR valve failure.  Exhaust gas temperature sensor failure. All needed main dealer diagnosis.

Thanks for your answer.

Did your car go to limp mode (loss of power, not turbo pressure) with all of those problems, or not?

When I had the EGR valve problem mine went to limp mode several times (restarted, limp mode and fault went away) but after a time (1 month or so) just started the car and it went directly to limp mode. That's when I had to have the EGR changed.

If it was DPF related you would have a DPF filter warning light in the dash and (if your car has it) the maxidot would display a written error, not just the glow plug light on its own.

So you can rule that out :)

Thank you for your answers!

I appriciate it.

I will be monitoring the fuel consumption nd will be watching if the failure comes back.

If I have the root cause I will post it here.

Thanks again!