Rear windshield wiper

JesperKP

I have a Skoda Fabia II from 2009 :clap:

My problem is that my rear windshield wiper one day decided to not want to respond to the switch. Ie. it did not turn on when I turned it on on my stearing column switch. The odd this is that when I turned off the car and turned the car on again - it started running (and the switch was in off position). Turning the car off and then on again and the wiped stopped moving (in the standard "relaxed" position). It is now non-operational all together. The fuse covering the rear windshield wiper is okay.

Any ideas of where to start troubleshooting?

I remember vaguely having a funny rear wiper fault, again in a 2009 model. To be honest I cannot recall the exact cause but I think it related to having something like front wiper on with dodgy fuse or a seemingly unrelated issue like that, making the rear wiper behave oddly. It happened twice and I've never had it happen again hence the vagueness of this reply I think the rear came on when I switched the front on, instead of the fronts or something weird but I may be just muddying the water here. Check out ALL your stalk options (Both stalks, and even light switch) one by one, systematically, then ALL TOGETHER to see if all work independently and in unison.Check all fuses for all features, some have more then just one fuse (Con)fusingly! check bonnet is closed properly, etc. Disconnect battery for ten/15 mins then re-check. I know I managed to rectify my fault but cannot remember how, except to say it was trail and error and no need to bother the dealer.

Also, make sure you have enough fluid in the wash/wipe system. Some vehicles refuse to wipe without it!