Dealer says needlesweep can't be done on my monte

ang9444

Hi,

I had an oil and filter change a while ago and i wanted the needlesweep enabled and they told me it's not possible on my monte carlo 63 reg when i'm 99% sure it's possible. What shall i do? I really want it done?

Why would Skoda UK allow the enabling of an RS only feature on a Monte? The dealers aren't useless just that the "Computer says no"

Its enabled on my SE HTP (they dont get too much less RS :D) with no problems at all with VCDS.

Whether its just the system they use, i dno.

Why would Skoda UK allow the enabling of an RS only feature on a Monte? The dealers aren't useless just that the "Computer says no"

Because it CAN be done, they're just useless and don't know how to so use the old excuse "it can't be done on your car model"

Ahhh nice to see my old thread has come back to life haha ^^

Thanks for the responses. Might have to do it myself as the Skoda dealers are f****** useless.

You'll find that was my thread lol

I have a 63 plate monte same as you and I have the sweep activated!

If you read my post from the start you'll have found out like I did that some mk2's seem to have different model dials fitted and for some reason the sweep can't be activated under the "staging" option, it's activated under "indicator celebration" so YES it CAN be activated!

Your dealer clearly doesn't have a clue!

• Like 1

You'll find that was my thread lol

I have a 63 plate monte same as you and I have the sweep activated!

If you read my post from the start you'll have found out like I did that some mk2's seem to have different model dials fitted and for some reason the sweep can't be activated under the "staging" option, it's activated under "indicator celebration" so YES it CAN be activated!

Your dealer clearly doesn't have a clue!

It is my thread? What do you mean? Haha. Yes my dealer is clueless, i had to ring them up 3 times after the classic "we'll get back to you" lol. If i ring up now they'll charge me for it and i don't fancy paying £20-30 odd for the app and adaptor. I even remember telling them that if they don't know how to do it then i can look it up and give them the code etc and their response was "no that can mess other things up", stupid morons. Baffles me how they work for a car company. Edited by ang9444

If you have to tell them, its time not to bother.

I asked a VW dealer if he could alter my steering weight via vcds as i was in there anyway.

'Sorry sir, the steering weight adjustment plays with the airbag sensors. This could result in your airbags failing to deploy or deploying late in the event of an accident'

Could not even be arsed running rings around him in the reasons why hes wrong.. I didnt want him touching my car anyway after that.. So thankyou and goodbye

Who employes these people, seriously. Don't get me wrong, there are some decent employees but so far 90% of the ones i have come across are either lazy and/or dumb.

Or swapped between manufacturer dealers so fast they dno their arse from their elbow :D

ang9444, 

who are you asking about changes being made to your car,

Sales Staff, Service Desk Receptionists / Service Manager or Trained and Qualified Workshop Technicians / Fitters?

Hi,

I had an oil and filter change a while ago and i wanted the needlesweep enabled and they told me it's not possible on my monte carlo 63 reg when i'm 99% sure it's possible. What shall i do? I really want it done?

If be tempted to go to a local briskoda meet and arrange for someone to bring Carista and a obd adaptor

It's been done on my 13 plate by a helpful member on here

ang9444,

who are you asking about changes being made to your car,

Sales Staff, Service Desk Receptionists / Service Manager or Trained and Qualified Workshop Technicians / Fitters?

I asked the service and parts team and they even "contacted" Skoda UK to ask them how to do it and i had to ring them 2-3 times to ask them what happened and got an answer saying it can't be done on my car and that was that....

If be tempted to go to a local briskoda meet and arrange for someone to bring Carista and a obd adaptor

It's been done on my 13 plate by a helpful member on here

Good shout! However i am in the South and i think most meets are further up north/midlands?

Hi,

Hey bud, the Skoda VCDs machine isn't able to enable needle sweep as I've tried with my friend. but there are some apps that you can get on your phone and get the dongle to go with that you can enable it.. as i am yet to do it.

but i had the auto locking doors, seat belt warning taken off and the alarm bleep enabled. 

We have just done it on a Fabia and golf also big mph , teardrop sweep on the rear wiper and many more things , drl go off when indicating, 5 indicator for comfort, alarm chirping all of which dealer said no , however some things can not be done on later models due to new manufacturer for the cluster on later cars

Hey bud, the Skoda VCDs machine isn't able to enable needle sweep as I've tried with my friend. but there are some apps that you can get on your phone and get the dongle to go with that you can enable it.. as i am yet to do it.

Eddie-nl enabled it on my 12 plate Elegance using VCDS