technical service bulletins on erwin ?

malcster

trying to locate a technical service bulletin to address my knocking noise on a new roomster 

a member on that board said his local skoda dealer had a bulletin which mentioned to replace both track rod ends 

i took it in a few months ago for two with a courtesy car and before i could leave the car with them i had to have a drive with the master tech 

i tried to explain it only happened on certain surfaces

as to be expected no noise occured and they wouldnt take the car in the workshop to have a look 

the noise is still there and its rebooked for tomorrow  and i mentioned the bulletin  again with a courtesy car i received an answer phone message today saying no such bulletin exists and the master tech again wants me to take him on a test drive 

i dont mind paying for erwin if it has access to the technical bulletins 

can anyone confirm this ??? 

That specific bulletin is not for a knocking noise it covers a very loud, very obvious creak from the steering at slow speeds when manoeuvring.

You'll find it very difficult to access TPIs and other similar information unless they are shared online.

As the employee of a dealer I was made explicitly aware that the sharing of said material could result in me loosing my job.

• Like 1

Oh, that's nice. Skoda don't want members of the public to be made aware of technical bulletins which relate to vehicles they've bought with their hard earned.

No offence intended toward yourself Rev.

• Like 1

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/292056-monte-carlo-tech-streering-creak/page-3

The TPI and the issue has been discussed lots in the Fabia Mk2 section and just in the past few weeks several members have had their vehicles in for replacement parts under warranty.

Talk of contaminated grease etc, but it is just a matter again of substandard parts sourced and fitted and the delays and denials of 

the Factory / Manufacturers and now the problem is accepted where these faulty parts were fitted.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies

I guess the main reason its no public information its cheaper that way

Unless folks complain they don't need to fix it

It's more of a clunk when driving down roads that have been dug up with channels across the road u can feel the clunk through the wheel

As a recent discoverer of the wonders of erWin, I have to say that I haven't seen such documents on there, and wouldn't have expected to really.

Ask yourself whether the company you work for would publish details of every significant problem with every product/service, on the web, for access at only about £6?

The real issue is that a Dealership Employee is calling and saying there is not a TPI (bulletin) covering the parts that might / may be the cause of the issue.

When in at the Dealership ask at the Service Desk if the Service Manager will confirm in writing there is no TPI. (Bulletin.)

• Like 2

It's not just sharing with the public, I was warned recently about sharing the info contained within a TPI with another vag dealer (non skoda). The only people who have full access to them is skoda technical, roadside assistance and multi franchise dealers.

This issue has been caused by the incorrect manufacturer of the balls within the ball joints. They have not been machined enough and as a result they cannot move freely enough with causes excessive heat and noise. This boils the grease turning it red, hence the replacements.

I've found that the manufacturer doesn't want this info spreading into the open as they don't want to damage their reputation. I read an online webinar last week which detailed some 90 potential issues with new models, mainly where quality has been compromised but very few related to safety.

The real issue is that a Dealership Employee is calling and saying there is not a TPI (bulletin) covering the parts that might / may be the cause of the issue.

When in at the Dealership ask at the Service Desk if the Service Manager will confirm in writing there is no TPI. (Bulletin.)

see this is a tricky one because TPIs are often moved, removed or amended on a regular basis so they might be telling the truth.

I've personally experienced it where a tpi will exist for a certain fault then a few months later it's no longer available and all knowledge of its existence is denied unless you can prove otherwise.

• Like 1

well ive worked on the other side of the desk for vauxhall and have always gone with the flow at skoda 

they are not a local dealer to me so i am going in tommorow prepared for a bit of a battle 

all i want them to do is get the damn thing up in the air and have a look not go for a drive round the block on perfect roads or down some muddy trial through a wooded area (yes we did that last time and tbh the suspension was banging and clanking all over anyway )