Towbar access bumper cover for 'Black Edition@

alschups

Morning All, I've recently fitted the Westfalia removable towbar to by 2.0TDi 4x4 Black Edition. I'm trying to source the cover and frame which goes into the hole when the towbar is not in use. Various people I've contacted can easily get the silver cover, but no-one can find the black one. Does anyone know if such a part exists? If not, I assume, as a couple of people have suggested that I just get the silver and spray it black? Many thanks for any help.

Alan.

I thought that if you remove the rear bumper you will see that there are marked lines where the access hatch has to be cut. If you cut that carefully and fit the strengthening kit from Skoda you have you required hatch.

The frame is internal so it doesn't matter what colour it is.

But you still need the cover Graham.  Unless you are suggesting to use the cut out material as the cover?  This may be possible, but it would need some work to make it clip into place and be easily removable.

Does it really matter what colour it is? It's not visible unless you go down on hands and knees.

Fred

Of course it matters! We're Yeti owners don't you know! :D

And it can be seen by following motorists!

Edited by VAGCF

When I had my Yeti, I didn't bother with the cover. I should think if the area round the cut-out is black, then you wouldn't notice the hole anyway, given it's all dark behind it.

Many thanks for all the (mostly) helpful comments.I still have the cut-out, but I seem to remember that the proper cover has an inset handle to get a hold of and pull the panel out. With the cut-out I suppose I'd need to make a hole in it to get a hold of. Sort of defeats the purpose of the cover. It's mainly to keep the Winter road crud out of the towbar area. So, I guess there isn't an actual part number, I'll just go for the re-spray of the silver panel.

I think this may be your best/quickest bet.  What I would add is that the panel is quite flexible and does take a bit of force to remove, so make sure you use a good, flexible, durable primer and paint.

According to partscat.com, the cover has two part numbers:

5L6807499  Cover  Rear

5L6807499 U34  aluminium silky smooth

Perhaps the former is unpainted?  Might be a better place to start?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Maximum respect to Weasley. This was the answer which my local Skoda garage didn't know. But the sceptical parts manager ordered the 5L6807499 and it arrived unpainted, in black to match the 'black edition' bumper. Many thanks for the help with this.

• Like 1