New Toledo Style Advanced

I ordered this motor end of May and it has finally arrived.I have posted a couple of photos in " pictures of your car" but

since the other photos are greater than 2 MB I cannot post(still working on it).Any help to post the pictures would be

appreciated.I had a Rapid previously.

First thoughts:-

Preferred the old dials for temp/fuel compared to the new light "strips".

Nice to see both mph and kmh on the speedo now.

Despite what I reported earlier 110 PS engine is no quieter than 86PS.Remains to be seen if there is a notable power

enhancement or MPG difference.

Start Stop is efficient and unobtrusive.

KESSY is smart but is perplexing to an old foggy like me.

Ride on 17 inch wheels is a bit firmer than 16 inch.

6.5 inch display is much clearer than old 5 inch.

Trip computer display is subtly different.

Steering wheel seems slightly thinner.

Front armrest does get in the way of handbrake operation.

Filling up now much easier with locking fuel flap rather than key operated fuel filler cap.

In your face Mediterranean Blue (Skoda Pacific Blue) takes some getting used to after subtle Denim Blue.

The rubber Skoda pullhandle for boot shutting is better than the Seat handle.

Two further comments.

Seat managed to get Grey instead of Blue on the Registration Document.

The Disc for the Sat Nav did not come with the car and hence I am minus the function until it arrives at the dealer.

I will bore you further with my observations as I get to know the car.

• Like 1

CD player is now in the glovebox!! Probably ok for those of you who store/play music on your clever boxes but inconvenient for CD users like me.

Obviously I shall now be forced to enter the 21s Centuary

Edited by Robbydazzler
  • Like 1

Told you I would bore you!!Just had a look underneath the rear passenger door and can confirm that the door seals still cover the drainage holes.

However they do not actually touch the holes with perhaps a 3mm gap between hole and seal.

Perhaps this is the mod to actually allow the drainage holes to do their job.So as not to confirm the wife's suspicion (well founded?)

that I am totally mad I will conduct an experiment when she is not looking.I will run a watering can full of water down this

door window and see if the water escapes via the holes or is retained in the door.

As I have already confessed I am losing brain cells rapidly.Just been to the chip shop and on my return to the car could not get the car

to start for love nor money.I have a mate who recently bought a Focus with KESSY and he has had to call the RAC 3 times when his car would not start.

I thought I had got similar problem until I glanced at the trip computer display and saw the message "depress clutch before starting"!!!!!

Edited by Robbydazzler

My old toledo says "depress clutch before starting."

I am sure the mpg will differ as the 86 is highly regarded for mpg on here, the high power ones somewhat less so.

I think the new interior is really nice.

Now the helpful bit - Posting pictures

go to "Photobucket" 

set up a free account.

upload your pictures there

you can then copy links off photobucket to here like this:

2cars%20mod1_zpselh3i9dh.jpg

Your viewers can click to zoom in.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

use this software to make smaller copies of your pictures ....http://www.irfanview.com/  .. right click the picture and open with this software, then select 'CTRL  R' or 'image - resize', then select the desired size and save to a new file (if you save as is it will over-write the existing picture, replacing it with the smaller image size). This software is freeware, ie free for domestic use.  

• Like 1

picked mine up on friday, white.

i must say, a massive improvement on the se and the itech ( both i had )

have a look in the boot, under the small spare wheel ;)

the inside of the boot has raised roughly 2 inch, this i dont like, the carpet when you try and lift to get to spare wheel is too big, and catches on the back of the inside of the car. you cant fit a full sized spare wheel in there no more :(

my dealer forgot the sat nav sd card as well, but posted it straight to me the next day, it goes in sdcard 1 slot on cd player.

Did you get full link for the head unit with yours ?

i dont like the new fuel and temp dials as well.

kessyi find really really good.

what i did notice, it doesnt have cornering lights anymore, but the previous se and itech did ?????

there are loads of options on the head unit, i pretty fancy the eco computer thingy, that tells you how good or crap your driving is lol

Edited by derek666

I did not get full link for head unit.My mobile literally cost me 5p and therefore you can guess what it is like and the

expertise I have with it.As regards the cornering lights I haven't checked yet but it is part of the spec.Did you

get the illuminated black dashboard insert or is it plain like mine?

Edited by Robbydazzler

igor, robby already said he couldnt post here.

robby go to photobucket. open your library and click on one photo.

when it zooms in a part of the screen will have links on.

Click on the img link and it will light up "copied"

come here, new post in this thread and "paste".

Your link should drop in, and when people view the post they'll see your pic.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

Derek666 what tyre pressure was the car delivered with?Went for a drive today and found the ride to be firm.Thought this was because of the bigger

17 inch wheels but decided to check the pressures just in case.Found each tyre to be 3.0bar/43psi.According to the pressure chart in the fuel flap

this is much too high.Have set them to 37psi at present.Tyres are 215/40/17 so what should they be set to for normally 2 up and little luggage?

Derek666 what should I be looking for with the cornering foglights/

Very similar price to yourself Derek and I think you did well there.At the end of May I went to see a 64 reg Itech with 3000miles on the clock at £12700.The salesman offered me a very good trade in.Out of curiosity I asked him how much a new Itech would cost OTR pointing out that Pentagon were offering them for £13995.This seemed to wind the salesman up and he said that Pentagon were selling them at a loss although they would price match! He went on his PC and said there weren't any new ones in the country anyway.He also said that they had received details only that morning of the 2016 MY Toledos.He went away and came back with his sales manager .To cut a long story short they eventually agreed to give me the same trade in against the new Style Advanced as against the stock used car I had come to see and give me the same discount that Seat had previously been offering on new Itechs on the Style advanced.I thought about it and agreed paying the balance in cash.It took 14 weeks for the car to be delivered which was great for me as they honoured the original deal and my trade in was losing value all the time and it meant that I got a 65 reg instead of a 15.

Edited by Robbydazzler