Electric window conversion? Help.

Bellaa

Alright lads, just a quick question, I'm looking into getting electric windows in my fabia as I have really boring manual ones at the minute, and one of my doors needs to be replaced anyway (damage caused by the previous owner).

I was just wondering, is it really difficult to do? And as I can't find anything on the subject, could somebody possibly point me in the right direction or possibly to an old thread regarding this? Thanks Lads :)

Josh.

• 1 month later...

Might have to wire them in, didn't see any wires when I had my door apart, except for aftermarket central locking and the speakers 

Yeah I'm assuming I need to wire them in, I mean, regarding parts needed, I was wondering if anybody could help me out in exactly what parts I'd need to make the conversion for both front windows mate, thanks for your reply though :).

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: I've bought the switches and motors, but I'm not too sure about the wiring, Would I have to buy a separate kit? Or would there already be one in the door ready to plug into?

Edited by Bellaa

Wiring in the doors themselves, then the wires from the doors to the convenience module under the steering wheel.

I once did the same conversion to a MK3 Golf & had to rip out the correct wires for the windows which went from the passenger side door to the drivers side door via under the dash as the drivers side also controls the passenger side.

However in your case wire to the convenience module. Worst case is you do not have the correct convenience module.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wiring in the doors themselves, then the wires from the doors to the convenience module under the steering wheel.

I once did the same conversion to a MK3 Golf & had to rip out the correct wires for the windows which went from the passenger side door to the drivers side door via under the dash as the drivers side also controls the passenger side.

However in your case wire to the convenience module. Worst case is you do not have the correct convenience module.

So you're saying the wires needed to power the motor and the switch are already in the door?

Also, would I have to invest in new window regulators? Or are the ones already in good enough? (Sorry for the poor questions, I can understand how frustrating it is).

Far easier to just buy an aftermarket window kit to be honest as the windows and central locking are all run through the convenience unit and without all the wiring and schematic you will struggle massively.

So you're saying the wires needed to power the motor and the switch are already in the door?

Also, would I have to invest in new window regulators? Or are the ones already in good enough? (Sorry for the poor questions, I can understand how frustrating it is).

No you need the whole new door loom, or the additional wires for the windows, ...........then the wiring from the door to the convenience module, & yes you need new window regulators inc the motors as the regulators are different...........then you need to plug the hole in the door card for the old winder handle............

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Panther_uk said:

Just wanted to resurrect this topic in regard to fitting an aftermarket electric window kit like the type found on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282916346730

Has anyone tried something like this ?

Never used one but if you want to convert a fabia to electric windows I have everything available except the passenger window switch.

At least this way it would have come from a fabia and fit first time no messing.

Edited by retro

15 hours ago, retro said:

Never used one but if you want to convert a fabia to electric windows I have everything available except the passenger window switch.

At least this way it would have come from a fabia and fit first time no messing.

Hi Retro,

Many thanks for the offer.

Apart from the obvious question regarding how much your looking for (feel free to PM me) ;) my only other query would be as this is a very basic 'Classic' model Fabia and therefore I assume it doesn't have the 'convenience unit' that everyone talks about which just makes me wonder how easy it is to fit :sweat: