***SOLD** Facelift Octavia VRS II TSI ***NOW SOLD

HillsJ

Much cherished Octy now up for sale after 3 years' ownership for no other reason than to make way for a replacement VRS, advertised first on this forum as I thought there would be a better chance of finding her a good home and someone that can tell the difference between a carefully looked after VRS and an average example.

Unusually high spec and great condition, the first owner really went to town on the options list. I managed to lay my hands on a brochure from late 2009 and they tot up to nearly £3k: heated seats £250; full VRS leather £800; black magic metallic pearl effect £400; rear parking sensors £260; auto dimming rear mirror and rain sensing wipers £150; Xenons with angle control and washers £700;  spare wheel £50 (unused so far); maxi dot £125.

Bought from Skoda main dealer in 2012, transferable and extendable Skoda warranty still in force which I kept running after the initial 3 year period, although this has been a waste of money as the car has not missed a beat and nothing has needed any attention.

Just 55,300 miles with full Skoda history in original book consisting of three long life services and not due to be serviced until next summer. Lots of receipts, old MOTs and paperwork. Replaced the rear Dunlops with Continentals a few months ago, fronts are Michelin P Sport 3s which are less than 12 months old.

Rarer petrol model tends to achieve high 30s mpg or around 40 on a motorway run, has proved to be a cracking engine and gives really smooth power delivery and plenty of torque from low down in the rev range which is very different from the diesel, although those on this forum will already know that. 

I feel this is a realistic price given the condition and specification (a rare find and it took 6 months of looking for me to settle on this one), when I posted this there was only one facelift II cheaper on Autotrader and it's done nearly twice the miles! Very much feels like depreciation from here will be pretty modest.

Please get in touch if you have any questions, I'm in south east London and can be reached on 0785 2244909. Thanks, James

post-134472-0-91222300-1442265597_thumb.jpgpost-134472-0-50369400-1442265705_thumb.jpgpost-134472-0-13603000-1442265905_thumb.jpgpost-134472-0-72973100-1442266081_thumb.jpgpost-134472-0-79456000-1442266097_thumb.jpgpost-134472-0-06623000-1442266109_thumb.jpg

post-134472-0-19997900-1443894472_thumb.jpg

post-134472-0-46706600-1443894496_thumb.jpg

post-134472-0-83618900-1443894518_thumb.jpg

post-134472-0-64196100-1443894537_thumb.jpg

post-134472-0-87690500-1443894560_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Quick few question-

Any HPI

Accidents?

Number of previous owners?

Aircon all good and working?

Thanks

Hi, I'm the second owner, no HPI (the only thing that comes up is that it has previously been run on a cherished plate) and no accidents I'm aware of. I'm pretty sure the paintwork is all original, it has that slight orange peel finish that doesn't get replicated in a bodyshop, and the front and rear badges have that milky discolouration round the edges so must be the originals which suggests no front or rear shunts. And the air con works perfectly.

Any pictures of the "orange peel" ?

Seems a bit surprising for new car paint to have that, but I guess its not impossible.

That said that car manufacturers do lay on the paint quite thick so I guess that's possible (and I have seen it on some cars). I haven't ever seen it on any Skoda myself or my family have owned though, I'd have thought the opposite.

Might be useful to confirm a pic of this just to clarify what you meant.

Any pictures of the "orange peel" ?

Seems a bit surprising for new car paint to have that, but I guess its not impossible.

That said that car manufacturers do lay on the paint quite thick so I guess that's possible (and I have seen it on some cars). I haven't ever seen it on any Skoda myself or my family have owned though, I'd have thought the opposite.

Might be useful to confirm a pic of this just to clarify what you meant.

Ha ha, no there's nothing peeling on this car, as I say the paint is as far as I am aware all original. What I was trying to get across is the fact that if you look really closely at a car's paintwork (esp dark cars) there's a very slight texture you'll see, which I would say is a little akin to the surface of an orange. Perhaps a bad analogy though and thanks for pointing out it may not have come across as intended!

Hi yes thanks for that haha, I know what orange peel effect in paint is, just wondered how bad exactly now you mentioned it but it sounds like you are clarifying that was a bit poorly worded, sorry for pulling you up on this but worth doing to avoid any confusions!

Although I think you can get the slight orangey effect on thick new paint (as the paint can take a while to cure and layed on real thick). You can get that from car shops also however, but if its really bad it shouldn't have left the factory line, in fact I have some experience of family that have worked directly in this area (i.e. helping the car industry to improve paint, I know an expert in this area that has worked with Skoda directly also).

It sounds like you aren't talking about full orange peel however, just some of the slight imperfection in the paintwork you can unfortunately get with mass produced cars.

I for one think it sounds like a decent car, full leather seats are nice.

Hi yes thanks for that haha, I know what orange peel effect in paint is, just wondered how bad exactly now you mentioned it but it sounds like you are clarifying that was a bit poorly worded, sorry for pulling you up on this but worth doing to avoid any confusions!

Although I think you can get the slight orangey effect on thick new paint (as the paint can take a while to cure and layed on real thick). You can get that from car shops also however, but if its really bad it shouldn't have left the factory line, in fact I have some experience of family that have worked directly in this area (i.e. helping the car industry to improve paint, I know an expert in this area that has worked with Skoda directly also).

It sounds like you aren't talking about full orange peel however, just some of the slight imperfection in the paintwork you can unfortunately get with mass produced cars.

I for one think it sounds like a decent car, full leather seats are nice.

Thanks Ant, and yes it's been a great car and definitely puts a smile on your face. I think the black paint and leather make it slightly more discreet which admittedly won't be for everyone but it's maybe more of a Q car in this guise. And these are seriously great value when you think that an equivalent age and spec Golf GTI would be 50% more at 12 grand plus!

Although I'm not taking anything away from this car as it is an amazing motor.

Interesting, I hadn't heard about any common engine failures on these (and had always assumed there was a bit less to go wrong than on the diesel) but I suppose there will always be some and then aftermarket solutions crop up and their makers inevitably persuade you that you need to upgrade to their parts! I had a 3 series a while ago and read about the BMW swirl flaps issue, where the upgrade sounded compelling, but I never really got a reliable answer on how common the problem really was. You could look at it this way - you definitely won't be shelling out £400 odd to replace the cambelt so carry the Skoda warranty on with the money you save (as I have done) and it'll continue to offer peace of mind and should cover engine failure amongst many other things...

I don't know why I am bothering to look as I am torturing myself! I saw this on Autotrader today and it's very nice, sadly I can't jump until December but I am sure it will be gone by then, shame as I am in Surrey. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks mate, highly recommend these even if mine has hopefully sold well before December! Of all the cars I've had I reckon my Octy II is the one I'll miss the most... 

Just had to shell out £56 to advertise on Autotrader but there have been a few hundred hits already and a possible viewing on Sunday and it's only been up for 48 hours so I think the price is pretty competitive.

It will just be sad if someone buys it off auto trader and then sells it on in a month or two trying to make a profit! If I had the money by mid October I'd make you the offer. Love the car and would love for it to stay in the briskoda family!!

First viewing today and deposit taken so I'm afraid the car is sold subject to transfer of the balance. Thanks for the comments / messages and sorry it didn't go to a Briskodian  :(

• Like 1