skoda octavia mk1 will not start

ok a little more in our skoda saga...its a year 2000 1.9 diesel estate a mk 1 i believe ....for a long time now it has started without a problem then we'd stop and it wouldnt start again for about 5 minutes so we'd sit and wait, then it would start no problem, a few weeks ago it wouldnt start again even half an hour and we ended up being towed home...hubby is an engineer and used to solving problems so he attached a wire from the battery to the solenoid and it starts every time but as soon as he takes the wire off it will not start....does anyone have an idea why or whats happening,..... i have searched the net and cannot find anything and its so frustrating, i really need some help and maybe one of you skoda experts might know..xx

it turns over but will not start, we'd wait 5 minutes or so and it will be fine, but the last time i would go even after half an hour....my husband then after thinking about it....connected the battery with a bit of wire to the solenoid and it starts every time and if you take he wire off it still doesnt start...we need to know why this is happening please

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why you're bumping someone else's thread?! If they still need help they'll post back.

because "Stig's lankey cousin"     primarily I'm interested as to how they got on -even if it's sold or scrapped, but also because if you ask for help, and someone, having try'd to help, then, it's only good manners   to round it out,   that way we all learn hopefully,    "learn from others mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make all yourself" --  however there seems a prevalence these days to jump on the net for instant answers,    and an abundance of bad manners  

because "Stig's lankey cousin"     primarily I'm interested as to how they got on -even if it's sold or scrapped, but also because if you ask for help, and someone, having try'd to help, then, it's only good manners   to round it out,   that way we all learn hopefully,    "learn from others mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make all yourself" --  however there seems a prevalence these days to jump on the net for instant answers,    and an abundance of bad manners  

I agree it is useful for the OP to post back if they fixed it and what the problem was. It's good forum etiquette as it may help other people who are searching. Unfortunately what is ideal doesn't always happen in real life and bumping the thread twice after the OP was last online is unlikely to change that.

• 1 month later...