Mk1 Octavia VRS Looking at starting a poss 320/340 bhp stage 4 build

Ramituppa

Hi looking at starting a 300+bhp build and hopefully documenting as much as poss.

After a fair bit of searching and chatting to various breakers tuners and fellow members on here I have found a custom tuning place in Blackburn Lancashire,and will update the name as can't remember lol.

So far I have Stage 2 map, filter, Forge DV, Sports clutch, Lightened Balanced Flywheel approx 210bhp

I am about to remove the N249, PCV system and add a oil catch can & remove SAI as just got my blanking plate remove and clean throttle body and have a Terraclean service on the engine

Just got new cam belt kit water pump and gonna do full service with quality oil, plugs & filters hoping to do all this at the weekend

I am hoping to go with the following mods which if anyone has for sale please get in contact otherwise I will have to buy all new :(

Wellycooler With Full Hardpipe Setup

Relentless V4 Manifold & downpipe de-cat

Full 3" S/S Exhaust Not sure which one yet

K04 Turbo Kit with uprated oil pipes

Stage 4 Map Turned down to 55% ...For future proofing if I change internals in future

T.I.P Pipe

Uprated Fuel pump...looking at the Sytec Pumps

3" MAF Housing

Update 16/9/15

Just noticed I need some resistors and piping for the removal of the SAI and N249 so just ordered 4 resistors (think this job needs 3 but got 4 just in.case) 330 ohh 10w and 2 metres of 4mm blue pipe.

Hopefully fitting on Sat

Has anyone had any experience with relentless manifolds looking at the relentless v4 and decat pipe then decent back system from audirsparts.co.uk

Has anyone dealt with his place in Blackburn Lancashire??

Got an offer on for K04 turbo stage 4 ..v4 manifold and decat down pipe £1150

Edited by Ramituppa

With that sort of horsepower, you would be wise to consider putting a set of con rods from someone like Integrated Engineering, as the standard rods have an annoying habit of escaping through the block when you start to push the envelope, I have a holed block in the garage to prove it.

My son had a SEAT LCR that was pushing 350 bhp when he holed the block, when we rebuilt using Integrated rods and a few goodies, it was up to 380.

I know it is a pain, but they are a hell of a lot cheaper than an engine.

for that power i would look at a TFSI k04 which will also be cheaper, 550cc-600cc injectors, walbro 255 pump, WMI, forged rods (contact Badger5) CG Motorsport do a nice clutch that will hold the power or Darkside developments if your feeling flush and all other supporting mods

Can poss source a k04 hybrid and v4 manifold going on with my decat milltec and hopefully soon fmic then custom map. What else will I need keeping under 300 bhp I have bam 225 injectors to put in and need fuel pump. I assume I need big t.i.p and bigger maf sensor

• 2 weeks later...