D M Keith - Bradford.

On todays experience as a service dept first time customer nothing but praise.

Great service, friendly, and great value for money even attending to two of the smaller jobs I asked to be looked at for nothing (in this day and age how often can you say that), I had to check the price charged was correct it sounded too cheap, something I would never say about a certain Audi dealer in huddersfield.

Overall, a breath of fresh air, after this experience I'll defintely be using them again. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Car has just been for some warranty work doing and as you know the MK1 Octavia has beige carpets.

It's come back with 3 mucky marks on the carpet - near the gas pedal, mat and near the front of the seat! An email of complaint has been sent in as I'm very annoyed I have just spent £50 having my interior cleaned.

Apart from that, I have always had good service. They have just lent me a brand new Octavia with a DSG box too.

• 3 months later...

Just had my car serviced and MoT'd here this week.

I opted to go for their 2yr service plan deal, which does seem like a decent deal. £299 for the plan, which includes two services and get reduced price MoTs at £29ea. Am also getting £50 worth of accessories vouchers as part of the deal too apparently, which is nice.

Anyway, was expecting them to mention the rear tyre tread, as there's only 3-4mm left, but they didn't. I did get a call an hour after I'd dropped the car off though to say the offside outer CV boot had split and would need replacing to pass the MoT. Bit of a bugger, an extra unexpected cost like that: £20 for the part, £140 total to do the job! :(

They also "advised" me to get the front discs and pads changed and claimed the rear pads were "80-90%" worn, for another ~£400. The car's only done 39k... can sort these myself anyway when they're due.

Sure enough there was no mention at all of these on my advisory note when I picked up the MoT cert. Hmmm.

Despite forking out almost £500 they couldn't valet the car to due to a staff shortage that day. They also didn't bother to stamp my service book or give me ANY indication of what they'd actually done for the service.

The loan car they gave me also had a range remaining of ZERO miles remaining in the tank.

...despite all this, they do seem like a nice bunch of people and I'll go back there, the parts desk has been very helpful and they were apologetic about the valet, and said I'd be welcome to take the car any other time to get it done. Luckily I need to go back on sat anyway to pick up some parts for the jumbo box install I'm doing so everything'll get sorted then.

Generally - the service team run by Emma have been great. Collection and drop off at my place of work too.

Servicing deal and most of the warranty work all done to a good standard.

MOT albeit half price - they picked up on all the easy pickings for making money back.

I needed new wipers for example....allegedly. Yeah but as i use Rain-x and hardly have my wipers - i think thats crap!

I also treat the rubber to ensure it stays soft an no brittleness or crackiing was evident.

Challenged them on it and they hesitated - but still said it was a fail......hmmmmm.

Valet team are a mixed back - seems to depend how busy they are...... and they are

often understaffed.

Sales team - very ropey..... best avoided. My experience and work colleagues too.

Just had my car serviced and MoT'd here this week.

I opted to go for their 2yr service plan deal, which does seem like a decent deal. £299 for the plan, which includes two services and get reduced price MoTs at £29ea. Am also getting £50 worth of accessories vouchers as part of the deal too apparently, which is nice.

Anyway, was expecting them to mention the rear tyre tread, as there's only 3-4mm left, but they didn't. I did get a call an hour after I'd dropped the car off though to say the offside outer CV boot had split and would need replacing to pass the MoT. Bit of a bugger, an extra unexpected cost like that: £20 for the part, £140 total to do the job! :(

They also "advised" me to get the front discs and pads changed and claimed the rear pads were "80-90%" worn, for another ~£400. The car's only done 39k... can sort these myself anyway when they're due.

Sure enough there was no mention at all of these on my advisory note when I picked up the MoT cert. Hmmm.

Despite forking out almost £500 they couldn't valet the car to due to a staff shortage that day. They also didn't bother to stamp my service book or give me ANY indication of what they'd actually done for the service.

The loan car they gave me also had a range remaining of ZERO miles remaining in the tank.

...despite all this, they do seem like a nice bunch of people and I'll go back there, the parts desk has been very helpful and they were apologetic about the valet, and said I'd be welcome to take the car any other time to get it done. Luckily I need to go back on sat anyway to pick up some parts for the jumbo box install I'm doing so everything'll get sorted then.

Ok slight update on this:

After I went back to get my valet and service book stamped, I was checking through the service book a couple of days later and noticed the brake fluid had not been changed. The last time it was done was over 3 yrs ago, so I'd assumed it was definitely going to get done this time, given that it should be done every 2yrs anyway.

Phoned em up just now and they agreed it should've been done, so have booked me in for next week.

Very nice about it and apologetic, but it's a bit daft that I had to check up!

Ok slight update on this:

After I went back to get my valet and service book stamped, I was checking through the service book a couple of days later and noticed the brake fluid had not been changed. The last time it was done was over 3 yrs ago, so I'd assumed it was definitely going to get done this time, given that it should be done every 2yrs anyway.

Phoned em up just now and they agreed it should've been done, so have booked me in for next week.

Very nice about it and apologetic, but it's a bit daft that I had to check up!

Ok just to finally wrap this up, took car there this morning and had brake fluid done, no fuss. Hooray.

The coffee in the showroom's ok, but it would've been handy if they had wifi installed so I could've got a bit of work done while I waited. Might suggest that to em actually.

• 3 months later...

D M Keith Ltd

Canal Road

Bradford

West Yorkshire

BD2 1AZ

01274 741200

Services: New, Used, Repair

Ahead of D M Keith's review of MOT pricing, Dougal Keith, Managing Director of D M Keith Ltd has just revealed a special rate for Briskoda members:

'we will be happy to offer an MOT test for £29.95 for Briskoda members. All they need to do is ask for the BriSkoda MOT special offer price. We will run this until the end of the year 2011 by which time we will have completed the review. While it's only a £5 saving on Kwick-Fit etc. every little helps as they say."

Please be sure to make the most of this and spread the word to other Briskoda members!

Regards

Ben Redfern

Sales Manager

D M Keith Seat & Skoda York

I got the same letter but took it elsewhere as they said they would fail my aftermarket zenons, (which are legal)passed the mot no problem. DmKeiths take one step forward then two steps back. Had my car serviced with them, and then was going to have full aircon service, new diverter valve and short shifter fitted all at the same time, so a different garage got all the work. The parts department are good though. Also what is the incentive to fill out questionarre to see how good you are doing, maybe a free service or parts vouchers for one person at random.

• 3 months later...

Dont use dm keith leeds they tryed robbing me sent car in for dreaded dpf filter rang me back a hour later wanting £3500 for 4 injectors new dpf and said my turbo was goosed and my center console bushes needed replaceing. id never asked them to look over my full car. Picked the car up took it to mass performance got the dpf removed and a new injector for a grand. Nowt wrong with turbo

Dont use dm keith leeds they tryed robbing me sent car in for dreaded dpf filter rang me back a hour later wanting £3500 for 4 injectors new dpf and said my turbo was goosed and my center console bushes needed replaceing. id never asked them to look over my full car. Picked the car up took it to mass performance got the dpf removed and a new injector for a grand. Nowt wrong with turbo

Injectors are a warranty replacement anyway , plenty members have had them replaced for free, even out of warranty period :thumbup:

Hi Casbull, could you please send me your reg so that I can look into this, I would appreciate if you would either pm me or email me [email protected].

Thanks, Ben Redfern, Sales Manager, D M Keith York

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My only experience of this dealer is with the sales people. and the person i spoke to needs sacking

I rung them in August 2011, I said i was interested in a Skoda fabia diesel scout and i would like to test drive one.

I got told there are none to test drive but its basically the same car as an ordinary fabia estate, i replied yes but handing over any money for a car i have yet to see is a little silly. I got told but there is one on the skoda system with £600 of extra equipment that is available to reserve, but i said i do not want that colour or that equipment. Ok i dont expect to test drive the same colour but the same type of car would be nice, whether petrol or diesel i wanted to look at a fabia scout.

I got told they are so rare there is no chance of finding one locally, conversation ended oh well then i will leave it.

Anyway, what did i do next............ I spoke to Dmkeith Leeds, spoke to Joanna, oh yes she says we have a diesel scout fabia on our courtesy car fleet. To cut a long story short, she got the loan car back to the dealer quickly and got it washed etc and let me take it for a spin all under 24 hours.

Yes i ordered a car from Joanna at leeds.

Feedback....... Bradford dmkeith get your act together, these cars are so apparently rare that you did not know one was sitting 10 miles down the road in one of your other branches in the courtesy car fleet. Ok you may not know everything but one would presume a small group of dealers such as yourself would pull resources.

Edited by kiansdad

Kiansdad I had a similar experience when I wanted to test drive a 2.0 they offered a 1.9 which I took but wasn't about to spend £18k on a car I hadn't driven. I had to suggest to Wakefield getting a demonstrator from another branch. I got a 2.0 demonstrator and bought one off them but only because Bickertons were even worse and just kept telling me the list price when I asked what was their best price :no:

The branches also seem to compete for servicing too, York offered to come and pick up my car from Leeds to service it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well..I've had nothing but praise for them in the past

BUT

Ask for a breakdown on a service schedule and they become defensive..They hide behind the words 'variable' and 'longlife oil' as if it was a justification to charge £100 more

They lie about costs being set by VW..It isnt..Or wouldnt other Skoda Dealer prices be the same?

I have learnt that because its 'variable', they charge One and a Half hours labour!! and the only difference is the type of oil used ...The checks are the same

Now excuse me..I'm not stupid..That time to do a visual check of the car and an oil and filter change..!!

It doesnt even include a brake fluid change that Skoda recommends at two years old..or an Air Filter

As I have repeatedly said, "All I want is value for money" and Trust..They didnt even provide a report or fit my engine cover properly, due to breaking a clip!!

Ah but did they wash it?

Skoda seem to think the way to "happy drivers" is a free wash - Nope.

You service the car and I can wash it myself thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Good result Chris, I had issues with them in the past and Chris has always sorted it before it got to MD level.

Can't argue with that, I will use them for various bits of work for the Seat too.

• 3 months later...

Well I can honestly say both Skoda GB and D m Keith do care about their customers. The compressor failed on my Air con and Angus Keith ( what a nice man) got involved to help my s i t u a t i o n , the car bought new here and only 42,000 miles but a Oct 56 plate Octavia vRS. anyway contribution from both meant I paid £454 including regass. They really do make Happy drivers, thanks to Lee, Craig and Anthony , and Alice for looking lovely! :p and to Angus and Skoda gb :thumbup:

• 6 months later...