What Sat Nav in new L&K?

Jimrod

The map updates can be found here:

http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/?wb48617274=9833CD1E

Massive improvement over the old Amundsen as you used to have to purchase a new SD at great cost. No other way to do it.

Yes, just the same as in the Octavia, crude representation of what is coming up and the vertical bar on the right side of the display. Perfectly good enough to give basically what you will be doing next. On the Columbus you could also press the "microphone" button on the top right of the unit to hear the last directions said by her in the dashboard.

Ian.

The Maxidot I find very useful. Not so much the little roundabout diagrams etc but when you're on a motorway and it's telling you to come off it tells you the road number and place name to follow which isn't displayed on the Columbus screen. Don't know if the Amundsen is the same.

Don't bother your head regards the absence of an hard drive, Jimrod, I'm pretty sure it was only 20gb which is a bit of a joke when you can now get 64gb & 128gb SD cards.

Correct. There is about 20GB available for music. SD cards are much bigger these days and easier to just whip out the car and load music onto it.

• Like 1

Correct. There is about 20GB available for music. SD cards are much bigger these days and easier to just whip out the car and load music onto it.

I agree, I don't miss not having the hard drive on the Bolero, the SD card does just as well, if not better due to being to easily take it out and put more music on it like Phil said. One other trick I've found which worked on the Columbus too, if you want to shuffle through the tracks then it will only play through the album you have selected when you press the mix button...Unless you have a single track in the root folder, i.e. where all the artist names are, I have Tainted Love from Gloria Jones in there. Start playing that and then the shuffle will work on all the tracks on the card.

Ian.

• Like 2

I used to have a music MP3 in the root but got sick of hearing that song as it seemed to play it at least once every time it switch on. I then got a silent 5 second mp3 file from the internet and use that instead.

I now use just the HDD for music though as it kept coming up with an SD card error. Probably just a dodgy card.

I used to have a music MP3 in the root but got sick of hearing that song as it seemed to play it at least once every time it switch on. I then got a silent 5 second mp3 file from the internet and use that instead.

I have a 10 seconds of silence ringtone which I apply to contacts in my phone when it's someone I don't want to speak to.

• Like 2