Front speakers

Finzky

Hi,

I have to change my front speakers in fabia 2001 by the reason I broke them with new tuner.

Please can somebody advice the size of the speakers? I`m not sure it`s 6.5? Why they offering with replacement speakers some "Speaker Adaptor"? I tought I just need to get to the speaker replacement set and change it.Please advice. Many thanks

The broken Skoda speakers have a spacer built in to them to hold them off the door carrier far enough to miss the window mechanism. So you will need spacers, either Autoleads etc or MDF rings (see eBay for ideas about both).

Most fit 6.5" component speakers. I do not know if the 1.9SDi had front components from Skoda though. The tweeters sit up behind the mirror "triangles" usually.

jlcompo1.jpg?dl=0

• Like 1

Thanks chaps for your replies. Straight going forward speakers was replaced and I used extension things for both doors. Speaker size trully are 6.5 inches - I`ve got them together  with adaptor things in one set. 

Thanks chaps for your replies. Straight going forward speakers was replaced and I used extension things for both doors. Speaker size trully are 6.5 inches - I`ve got them together  with adaptor things in one set.

Where did you get them? From ebay?

I'm really confused... everyone talks about this being a relatively simple swap but when I went to a scrappy a couple of months ago, I was looking for speakers but on the Fabias on which I could prize the door card away, the speakers were riveted in place rather than screwed. Even allowing for the fact that OP's bought new speakers, how do you get the old ones off?

Where did you get them? From ebay?

No I`ve got them from Pioneer dealer on amazon and they cost me £53 including adaptors. Why pioneer? - Just got new radio Pioneer with all necessary new functions (ipod, usb. etc) on sale for £50 an tought i need speakers from the same company. Got them in set with these adaptors. Adaptors I attached with cable ties, before sealed door with thick double sided sticky isolation tape to avoid vibration on speaker mount, cut cable tie ends inside in speaker hole and screwed speakers. Mistake what I`ve made I should replace tweeters as well - instead of that I just cut off the wires and connect new speakers. My  car sound system in fact are primitive basic, but enough good for me comparing with my pld rotten speakers. For both doors it took me around 1.5 hours of job. I`m still looking to get some very small and compact subwoofer system and lay down cables by myself with minimum cost. Avoid any ebay crap.

070549.jpg

For a compact sub look no further than this http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/subwoofers/amplified-sub-boxes/alpine-swe-815-active

It's an excellent little sub that punches far above it's weight it'll completely transform your audio.

Review here http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php/index.html/_/reviews/subwoofers/alpine-swe-815-active-subwoofer-with-wired-remo-r1381

For a compact sub look no further than this http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/subwoofers/amplified-sub-boxes/alpine-swe-815-active

It's an excellent little sub that punches far above it's weight it'll completely transform your audio.

Review here http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php/index.html/_/reviews/subwoofers/alpine-swe-815-active-subwoofer-with-wired-remo-r1381

Just ordered below

KIT.jpg

amplifier.jpg

• Like 1

Sub arrived with all wiring in set, in fact I just needed RDC cable. Took the glove box, drilled hole to engines room and lay down the cable to battery. Connect all wires to cars audio head unit and hide the wires. For this particular sub it`s enough to have 10A fuse. It`s now connected all the time and remote control light are on and there is no switch off apart of taking fuse out, hope this won`t drain my battery bit by bit. About the sub, I`m impressed with the power of the bass. Sound quality is just AWESOME. Well done Alpine. Highly reccomend and al so big thanks for reccomendations. 

Well done chap.

The sub should turn on and off with your headunit have you connected the remote wire it should be a thin blue wire that connects to the headunit, it send a signal to the sub telling it to turn on when you turn your headunit on and off when you turn it off.