Wing mirrors need a paint

Re-sprayed mine earlier this year, simple enough job with care taken removing glass.

I replaced clear mirror's for blue-tinted ones c/o E Bay around £16.00 all-in for the heated type.

Ive got them off, how ever the passanger side on pulling out, pulled all the back out and the pins that i take are responsible for the movement. Ive pushed them back in but maybe knackared ... Im guessing was due to the rust in there!!

My first DIY rattle can paint job, the black magic paint has turned out mottled, not smooth ... not sure if the clear coat will sort this .. seems a bit crap so far :(

If mottled finish don't bother using/ wasting clear lacquer.

Start again, just give it a very good sanding perhaps with 2000 grit or more, 2500 grit sand-paper.

Avoid touching surface with your fingers before finishing cleaning with tac cloth, do (as I illustrated) stick long handle screwdriver into cover slot.

I then placed screwdriver handle in a bench vice, to get access all round cover to finish cleaning, getting rid of finger marks (grease) and to spray paint etc..

Ive got them off, how ever the passanger side on pulling out, pulled all the back out and the pins that i take are responsible for the movement. Ive pushed them back in but maybe knackared ... Im guessing was due to the rust in there!!

My first DIY rattle can paint job, the black magic paint has turned out mottled, not smooth ... not sure if the clear coat will sort this .. seems a bit crap so far :(

Like the skin of a citrus fruit?

If so then you're spraying too much paint from too close a range. Back out to 12", and mist the paint on, stopping spraying as soon as you start to see colour over your undercoat.

Like the skin of a citrus fruit?

If so then you're spraying too much paint from too close a range. Back out to 12", and mist the paint on, stopping spraying as soon as you start to see colour over your undercoat.

Yes kind of, its actually not that bad now after a day...  

Both of mine need doing too.

Did you have to primer them all over or just rub it down and paint over?

Also have to do the rear estate roof spoiler........

Start by stripping back and then using a flexible plastic primer.

Yes kind of, its actually not that bad now after a day...  

That's hopeful. If you've not reached something you'll live with yet, sand back using 1200grit wet&dry wet, dry off, dust with a tack cloth, and then mist coats from 12 inches (and use warm paint, try keeping the cans in a bath somewhere between 25 and 35 C when not in use).

Both of mine need doing too.

Did you have to primer them all over or just rub it down and paint over?

Also have to do the rear estate roof spoiler........

Use advise froIm above member..

I just rubbed down using 2000 grit and got rid of the layer of lacquer, used tac cloth afterwards.

Used light coats (2) of red primer..(as mirror covers are Corrida Red).

Then sprayed with colour till primer well covered, then sprayed with clear lacquer.

Rear spolier (if VRS) is plastic so the same treatment..