Stage 3

VrsGeo

Hybrid with water meth injection? More like stage 2+  :p  Quite a few of them in Greece, running upgraded Audi S3 compressor/turbine wheels iirc. 320 is as much as those cars will go. I would definitely start to worry about excessive torque at that point if I didn't upgrade the DSG discs as well.

If you got the money I imagine it's worth it? With the car bog standard it confuses the hell out of people. I had the driver of a 3 litre diesel BMW drop his jaw the other day, can't begin to imagine his face If this was to pull up next to him.

Haha, good point. If I had that sort of money I'd have gone for the golf R this time last week, not so sure at the moment though. 

Doubt that the money from a 2-4 year old used vRS (and so heavily tuned >>> almost impossible to sell at a good price) + 1500 EUR more can buy you a Golf R of similar age/good condition, so I must have lost your point here. Not to mention that this specific vRS would leave the R behind without much sweating  B)

What changed this week? Petrol was/is/and always will be king...  :devil:

i dont believe anything before i see some dyno figures or anything . 

Typical figures are 260-280 bhp for hybrids then another 10-20 from meth injection and I've seen a few dyno graphs of those. Even if this car is not exactly 320, 300-ish sounds like a normal value for a twincharger at this stage.

i can remember hurdy from back then he also had the full programm but he wasnt able to go full retard on boost since the dsg would stop him to do so .  also he had alot of misfires. 

go check out vagoc forums > 1.4tsi  there are alot ppl who are runing hybrids.

It's true that back in 2011-12 people eager to push to stage 3 had huge problems getting there and most of them abandoned the idea all-together. Same thing is true for some of biggest tuning names worldwide, they don't do any stage 3 cars  and some of them have even stopped advertising stage 2.

There are however smaller less-known tuners in Southern/Eastern Europe that have had great success with it. TMG Greece have succeeded in going stage 3+++ as I follow their group on FB and have been talking with several hybrid and one BT owner. They were the first that unlocked the DQ200 offering launch control and a DSG remap all-together that allows for all the extra power to be used. The BT owners I know of run upgraded kevlar DSG discs also developed by TMG. and are above 350bhp.

• Like 1

yes i know . i was talking to him back then about pricing for the clutch pack , but it is still way to much and he only does it in-house . i hoped he could send me the clutch pack and a buddy of mine could do the work but nope...

Yeah, unfortunate but makes sense in a way. They've practically devoted 3-4 entire years on taking the 1.4 twin-charger at a whole different level and I guess they expect to get some profit out if it in the end. And by twin-charger I don't mean just mapping the engine but rather the car as a whole including 1.4 TSI induction kits, BOVs, wastegates and of course all the work done on the DSG7, both software and hardware-wise.

Apart from their own Cupra which is basically a drag car, hence of not much interest for owners like us, there's a specific BT conversion they've done on another Cupra running 500+ bhp / 50 Nm torque that is completely insane. The other day I was reading an article about that car on a greek tuning magazine and simply listing the most important mods it has, fills up an entire page.

But personally, to justify such crazy development, I think you either have to be the first that does it, make your car a guinea pig and have much of the work done for free or at a fraction of the actual cost or just don't do it. I think if somebody went to them tomorrow and said: "make my twin-charger like that 500bhp Cupra from start to finish and send me the bill" he would be looking at 5-digit figures.

Would be interesting to see what 1/4 mile times a stage 3 Fabia vRS would get :-)

The official TMG car has now done a 10,7" and I think the "everyday" Cupra I was talking about managed a 10,9" as well.  Must find the article with the v-box timed in-gear accelerations, they were just bonkers...

• Like 2