The Return of the Snow Monster!

Sprockutt

As many of you will be aware if you read my 'No More Snow Monster' post...http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/372167-no-more-snow-monster/ I had put a deposit on a new VW Tiguan R-LIne 4WD Diesel and sold our trusty second 1.2 TSI SE to a local independent dealer. Then VW the 'Dieselgate' crisis hit and although the Tiguan would have had an EU 6 compliant engine we decided against the purchase as too many questions at that point were still to be answered. Anyhow that's all been covered in the previous post. Moving on.

We went down to pick up our delivery mileage 1.2 TSI Yeti Elegance from Volkswagen Rutherglen and I was very pleasantly surprised to see they had gone to the effort of bringing it into the showroom for us. This made it feel like the same kind of event that we would have had, had we bought the Tiguan. We didn't even get this treatment from Skoda when we bought our Yeti from them! I really have been impressed with the way they have handled what was a potentially difficult situation and turned it round into a positive customer experience. So top marks to Volkswagen Rutherglen and Lesley Anne who dealt with us throughout. 10/10!!!!

Some pics of a very happy family taking delivery of our new Snow Monster last night..

21827621991_7bd18b0c45_c.jpg

21827608041_784ce386fa_c.jpg

21630251208_6a121748e8_c.jpg

21827644811_dcceec22e8_c.jpg

21818111245_de55d83b1d_c.jpg

21195369644_cf7fe6d065_c.jpg

21630230798_1cda00c1bf_c.jpg

21806292562_c5309dde17_c.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/yXCWdQ

Edited by Sprockutt
  • Like 4

That is very good news and fantastic customer service form the dealer. Arnold Clark has had a bad reputation for customer service but now they seem to be turning it around if your experience is anything to go by.

Ian.

What is it with Arnold Clark and their insistence of sticking those godawful yellow dealer stickers to the back window of everything they sell.

Other dealers seem able to do it so much more tastefully.

• Like 1

What is it with Arnold Clark and their insistence of sticking those godawful yellow dealer stickers to the back window of everything they sell.

Other dealers seem able to do it so much more tastefully.

Oh that will be being removed when I get home from work tonight. I think the 'idea' is that it's meant to be like your rear registration plate. Clever, eh?  :D

Both our last Yeti's had the discreet Briskoda window sticker and that'll be the case with this one as well. But I can let them off with the god awful window sticker seeing they saved me around £3k and still provided a new car experience when picking it up. :clap:

Good decision .... swapping my 170 Yeti for a 177 Tig was the worst decision I ever made ... Tig lasted 53 weeks before getting chopped in for my current (wonderful) Xc60.

Arnold Clark VW in Wishaw was awful, Arnold Clark Volvo in Stirling have been much better .... but neither has touched the service of my friendly Skoda dealer.

Oh and the first thing I did when getting the Volvo home was remove the orange sticker!!!

• Like 2

Good decision .... swapping my 170 Yeti for a 177 Tig was the worst decision I ever made ... Tig lasted 53 weeks before getting chopped in for my current (wonderful) Xc60.

Arnold Clark VW in Wishaw was awful, Arnold Clark Volvo in Stirling have been much better .... but neither has touched the service of my friendly Skoda dealer.

Oh and the first thing I did when getting the Volvo home was remove the orange sticker!!!

You actually managed to get it off, well done. Stuck on the car from the outside I believe.

You actually managed to get it off, well done. Stuck on the car from the outside I believe.

It was actually really easy.  Mine was on the window .... a friend has a Peugeot where it is stuck on the paintwork!!!