After 14 years of waiting, the Octavia vRS 4x4 is available!

ColinD

• Administrators

Yes, the list is showing a hatch available as the following, all OTR:

Hatch 

2.0 TSI 220PS* £24,230.00 

2.0 TSI 220PS DSG* £25,620.00 

2.0 TDI 184PS* £24,475.00 

2.0 TDI 184PS DSG* £25,865.00 

2.0 TDI 184PS 4x4 DSG £27,315.00

vRS230

Hatch

2.0 TSI 230PS £26,350.00 

2.0 TSI 230PS DSG £27,740.00

And for complete reference the Estate options are:
Estate 

2.0 TSI 220PS* £25,430.00 

2.0 TSI 220PS DSG* £26,820.00 

2.0 TDI 184PS* £25,675.00 

2.0 TDI 184PS DSG* £27,065.00 

2.0 TDI 184PS 4x4 DSG £28,515.00

vRS230
Estate

2.0 TSI 230PS £27,550.00 

2.0 TSI 230PS DSG £28,940.00

We've seen the rumours, we've seen the pictures, last night skoda uk confirmed the uk 4x4 Octavia vRS details. I recall back in 2001 many of us were torn between the Octavia vRS or the less powerful Octavia 4x4 estate. For those looking for the 4x4 in the vRS form, this has to be a good day, however not a great day as petrol appears to be off the agenda.

Following hot in the tracks of the new vRS 230, the prices for the Octavia vRS 4x4 start from  £27,315 OTR (£28,515 OTR for the Estate).

• 4x4 option and sat-nav as standard
  • New 4x4 option added to Octavia vRS range - fitted with six-speed DSG as standard 
  • Perfect combination of power, performance and practicality
  • Octavia vRS 4x4 models start from £27,315 OTR. Available to order now.
  • Amundsen sat-nav added to standard specification on all Octavia vRS models 

Offered with the 2.0 TDI 184PS diesel engine, the vRS’ four-wheel drive system is coupled to a  six-speed direct-shift gearbox (DSG) as standard, which delivers a smooth and strong acceleration in all road conditions. The Octavia’s 4x4 system constantly monitors traction at each wheel and can direct power to whichever axle requires it. 

The Octavia vRS 4x4 models can sprint from zero to 62mph in just 7.6 seconds and have a broad and flexible mid-range – made possible by the engine’s high torque output of 380Nm, available between 1,750-3,250 rpm. 

From 1 November, prices for the Octavia vRS range start from £24,230 OTR for the Hatch and £25,430 OTR for the Estate, an increase of £400, however, buyers will get the Amundsen satellite navigation system as standard (previously £755), offering a customer saving of £355.

With a capacitive touchscreen display and SD card slot, this feature-packed unit joins a specification list that already includes 18-inch Gemini anthracite alloy wheels, bi-xenon headlights, sports suspension and dual-zone climate control with humidity sensor.

More than 30,000 Octavia vRS models have been sold in the UK since its introduction in 2001. Its unique combination of performance, value and unrivalled levels of space has made it a popular choice with UK buyers.

Engineering highlights in the vRS range include multi-link suspension and electronic differential lock XDS+ for dynamic cornering, progressive steering and numerous assistance systems for enhanced safety and comfort. The vRS also features a striking design package that includes unique vRS bumpers, spoiler and interior.

It is unclear at this point if a Petrol version will be available, it's not on the pricing tables sadly.

Thanks for the info, it adds to the info gleaned from a Skoda dealer today.

DC

This is the car I have always wanted .... had three vRS 170TDi's in the past and loved them.  Then wanted a 4x4 so went Yeti 170 before an awful Tiguan 177 and now a wonderful Volvo XC60 D5.  My heart remains a vRS owner.  Will be very interested when time comes to change ... if it is heavy enough for my caravan that is.  My previous VRs's towed well but that was with a lighter 'van.

VRS 230,they're having a laugh aren't they? A pathetic increase of 10ps,which you would be hard pressed to even notice. Not to mention a two grand increase in price for the priviledge.  :|

A 4x4 TSi Octavia would make me return to Skoda after 3 years in the wilderness of Audi & VW.

I hear BMW calling with their X drive........

Couldn't agree more but according to Skoda, there's no market demand for a TSi version of this car!!!
  • Like 1

VRS 230,they're having a laugh aren't they? A pathetic increase of 10ps,which you would be hard pressed to even notice. Not to mention a two grand increase in price for the priviledge.  :|

maybe but you'd notice the 2k of additional equipment and the very effective VAQ diff.

Read about this last week its pretty awesome, I do feel however with this they should maybe have released this with the Scout body kit rather than the standard Octavia vRS body kit. Just to beef up the edges a little and maybe bring it into the same realm as the Audi Allroad and Subaru Outback.

So all in all they should have released a Scout vRS  :D.

ZS.

Read about this last week its pretty awesome, I do feel however with this they should maybe have released this with the Scout body kit rather than the standard Octavia vRS body kit. Just to beef up the edges a little and maybe bring it into the same realm as the Audi Allroad and Subaru Outback.

So all in all they should have released a Scout vRS :D.

ZS.

but the Scout already has the same drivetrain; engine, gearbox and haldex setup. This is for someone that wants the sporty look of the VRS and not the utility look of the scout.
  • Like 1

but the Scout already has the same drivetrain; engine, gearbox and haldex setup. This is for someone that wants the sporty look of the VRS and not the utility look of the scout.

Fair enough thats a great point.

I love the look of the vRS, I have one, and the 4x4 version is a great addition to the range. 

ZS.

What a joke not to have a real vRS not the reps car with 4 wheel drive , I got rid of my modded vRS because it spun its wheels in 1st 2nd and third gears , a missed opportunity . I would have considered a petrol Škoda 4x4 but this is a joke

• Like 2

Surely now with 4 wheel drive, could those engineers not entertain the idea of upping the power a wee bit, 265 or even 280?? Nothing daft required but it must of been bantered round at Skoda HQ :D

• Like 1

Seriously?  Just after I bought a Superb 4 x 4 170?  I don't believe it!  LOVE the VRS and would defo have ordered one if it had been on the list at the time!  Was only told the Scout 4 x 4 184ps was available after I bought the damned Superb too.  To add insult to injury its a bleedin' EA189 so I have to wait for a fix in January (or whenever they get around to it).  Saying that, I could do worse than a giant estate car with 4x4 and all the toys I suppose!  I could've had a Golf TDi for the same money down the road!

I had a Subaru Outback manual with the dual range gearbox and replaced it with a VRS manual wagon in May (well ordered it October 2014).  I really wanted an AWD but also wanted the features of the VRs,  The two main reason I moved from Subaru as firstly after my model they go really ugly and secondly they dropped the manual gearbox.

I would consider this if it came in petrol manual, but I doubt it ever will in Australia.  I looked at the Superb and the sales brochure showed a nice manual one but the dealer told me that is the UK model and we can't get manuals here and told me if i wanted a manual get the VRs.  So if the AWD is only available as Diesel and auto in the UK then the chance of a petrol manual in Australia seems very low.

• Like 1