Rapid, Climate control stuck on cold

chris1508

Hi folks, very much a novice here so be gentle,

I have a 2013 Rapid Elegance TDI, I was in the car tonight and felt it a little cold and so turned the heating up a little, then a little more until it was as high as it would go but it was still blowing cold air.

The climate control display is reading as normal and I can hear the heater motor speeding up and slowing down as per when I adjust the control dials.

I can also hear the directional motors and flaps moving when I press the buttons to adjust the flow of air from the windscreen to my feet and vents etc. However when I turn the knob to adjust the temperature I can’t hear anything, though the numbers on the display showing the desired temperature change as normal.

I'm thinking the motor that controls the temperature flap has given up but I'm keen to hear the opinion of anyone who has came across this on the Rapid.

Thanks in advance, Chris.

First check for possible error codes with VCDS/Carista or something similar. It may be the temperature flap control motor or some temperature sender. Unfortunately it is a PITA to replace either as you have to remove the dash panel. If you are under warranty take it to the dealer.