Black Magic 54 Plate Fabia VRs. 220000 miles, yeah baby!

Jaspire

As some of you might know, I had an incident last year which has now left me with a serious Allergy issue whereby my skin bubbles, cracks and literally falls off whenever I touch certain things. Over the last year it has got to the stage where I am permanently covered, although last night took the biscuit when I fell asleep and my headboard protector(a pillow slip) fell off, my now balding bonce must have touched the headboard and I woke up with a pillow full of blood and puss. I had been harbouring the notion that I would be able to get back to normal rest, work and play but I think it is time to accept the truth and sort myself out.

I am selling my 54 plate Fabia VRs, purchased not far over 2 years ago. It hasn't been modded in anyway. In that time it has had an oil and filter change every 3 months due to the milage I do and the fact it is getting on, a new clutch and dual mass flywheel, new vents, new gear stick insert, new rear calipers, a new shocker, drop links and a few other bits and bobs. Console bushes were next, I think it has poly ones in and the offside one looks bit tired. I had started redoing the rear door carriers but got some sealer on my wrist and had to nip to the hossie, so gave that up. The o/s/r one is done the nearside one needs finishing and fronts haven't been touched yet. It is suffering I believe from either head lift or the gasket is on its way out. If I drive it sensibly all is fine, over push it, and pressure builds up in the header tank and unless released gently, will force its way out of the overflow on the tank.

Don't be fooled by the pictures, there isn't a panel on the motor which doesn't have a mark. A blow over respray was at the end of my list of things to do.

I've sold my van, and I am too big to drive my wifes wee Hyundai i10 115 miles each day when I am fit enough to work, so we are getting rid of both and getting something newer and bigger.

I've been offered £1250 as a trade in or 250 quid off on top of the deal I've done if I have no trade in, so I've stuck a grand on an interest free credit card as I don't want it getting scrapped or sold unknowingly at auction.

If it doesn't sell and by some miracle I am able to work for 3 months without having to take time off I will get the head gasket done to be safe but the price will increase accordingly.

Thanks for looking, if you need more info give me a shout.

Don't believe it, went to upload my photos and caught my tablet on the door frame and smashed the screen.

Will take new pictures tomorrow on a proper camera and upload them.

Lennie

Just realised I missed some stuff off, like reversing sensors.

Currently at 217K but it will go up as I do about 600 miles a week.

Other stuff it has had new since I got it.

New radiator last year

New Front Fogs

Timing Belt done around MOT time, which is 30th March

New Water Pump at the same time

Swapped out the Ashtray for a can holder

Have a door seal still in the wrapper before I realised it was the door carriers leaking.

Lennie

£1000 buddy.

Cheers

Will also px against a caddy van in case anyone has one.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I'd not bother buying a lottery ticket with the luck you're having

Actually managed to get the thing connected. Normally it asks on the screen how I want it to connect but it just popped up right away so at least I got the photos.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

God bless PPI. TSB have reassessed my claim from 2013 and are sending me more money. Car booked in for first week in November. New price will be confirmed when I get a price.

• 4 weeks later...

Head gasket all done, fitted with pd150 bolts, and jobs a good un. Going in to get console bushes replaced with standard rather than the poly ones.

Price now £1500.00 no offers

Cheers

Lennie

Edited by Jaspire