Clunks changing gear sometimes

So I posted a few months ago when I bought my vrs that I thought the car seemed to be sluggish in engaging the gear when slowing for junctions. After doing 4K miles in the last two weeks around Europe its started to give a clunk noise when faffing into d2 when crawling in traffic and d3 from either second or forth. Not all the time just randomly.

I know the car had a new clutch under warranty at 9k miles and I'm now on 20k. Dealer I've been using previously said there was nothing wrong with it but no one inc Skoda Cs could tell me why the clutch was originally changed and I'm now thinking the underlying issue wasn't fixed.

Pretty ****ed as my warranty ran out last month and I'm still faffing about with Cs about getting my warranty extended as goodwill for my oil consumption issue being "fixed" a month before said warranty expires. (My argument is I don't know if oil being burnt has had a knock on effect on another component)

Anyone had issues like this?

With the amount of problems I've had with a really low mileage car I'm now even considering moving away from vag completely as now my paint has started bubbling up and causing small bits of paint to pop up on the roof. Under the roof rail.

On a upside the car hasn't used a drop of oil which was great and performed brilliantly in the Alps.

• Like 1

So I posted a few months ago when I bought my vrs that I thought the car seemed to be sluggish in engaging the gear when slowing for junctions. After doing 4K miles in the last two weeks around Europe its started to give a clunk noise when faffing into d2 when crawling in traffic and d3 from either second or forth. Not all the time just randomly.

I know the car had a new clutch under warranty at 9k miles and I'm now on 20k. Dealer I've been using previously said there was nothing wrong with it but no one inc Skoda Cs could tell me why the clutch was originally changed and I'm now thinking the underlying issue wasn't fixed.

Pretty ****ed as my warranty ran out last month and I'm still faffing about with Cs about getting my warranty extended as goodwill for my oil consumption issue being "fixed" a month before said warranty expires. (My argument is I don't know if oil being burnt has had a knock on effect on another component)

Anyone had issues like this?

With the amount of problems I've had with a really low mileage car I'm now even considering moving away from vag completely as now my paint has started bubbling up and causing small bits of paint to pop up on the roof. Under the roof rail.

On a upside the car hasn't used a drop of oil which was great and performed brilliantly in the Alps.

Hopefully you've not got a citrus flavour fruit but the peeling of the paint from what I remember was an issue with the Fabia ? I might of dreamt it but just check paint has 6 year warranty I think ?, just shout loudly and eventually you will be heard George will be along soon he will probably tell you all you need to know

The trip sounds great.

The Cars Original Manufacturers Warranty might have Expired but for your DQ200 DSG and also the Engine that is not the end of Skoda & VW having to deal with things.

If the Clutch Packs were replaced, was the Service Campaign Work also done, 

Synthetic Oil Changed to Mineral and a Software Update?

So Contact Skoda UK Customer Services and get a handler to arrange the correct diagnosis of any faults and repair,

it is a fundamental Design & Manufacturing issue and they extended warranties in other World Regions and they just failed to in Europe,

but they are still learning.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

As to Out of Warranty and using Oil, likewise, If you wanted any preventative measures taken because sometimes you have High Oil Consumption.

Skoda / VW know how many Engine Units they built failed and why, so they have done Breather Pipe / Valve Mods and Software Updates,

changed the Engines and Upgraded Parts,

Now if an engine still has issues,

new Oil Spray Jets is the fix they can up with, so let them arrange new 'Squirters', it was them that left cars to go out of Warranty without 

have done Service Campaigns while cars were in Warranty and fixing the faulty ones, or ones they new Components had issues.

george