A sense of duty binds me.....

PetrolBlue

...... to this Forum, as discovering it, and reading the Yeti section, was the clincher when deciding to purchase my Yeti a couple of years ago. I was grateful then, and am grateful now.

Had my second year service today at 9939 miles (I know, I know.... wrong engine and all that some would say!), and have to say I haven't had a single problem whatsoever. Hope that's not tempting fate!! It's been huge fun to drive, and the occasional old age need to give an unsuspecting, and previously tailgating, Beemer a run for its money from the lights has unfailingly worked. Always encourage them to stay close afterwards so they know they've been seen-off  by a Skoda! They don't see it coming, do they  :giggle:.  Other wise, I drive quite sedately.. honest  :angel: !

Have adopted the Brisky wave where ever I've been, and had a number of friendly ones in return, but, funnily enough, I've never ever seen another Brisky sticker.... anywhere. Mine's on the top corner of the driver's side windscreen for all to see - where's yours?!!!

The only bit of bling I have added to the car over the time I've owned it has been a set of Skoda logo dust caps on the tyres. That said, I have a set of chrome fog light trims somewhere - must fit them sometime!

When I took it in into my dealer this morning I was advised it would have the 'VW problem' sorted as part of the routine, as I have one of the engines associated with the difficulty. When I collected it, it hadn't been done, and I was informed I should now await a letter. Ho hum...............

PB

• Like 1

just a quick word of warning, when you go for a tyre change, take off the dust caps!! I had a set of Skoda 'winged arrow' dust caps and when ATS replaced my tyres they binned the caps :D

I didn't notice until it was too late lol

Thanks, Lee01 - might have to pop out and see if they're still there now - but it's raining, and surely a Skoda main dealer wouldn't........ okay will check in the morning!

Had the spare from my previous Passat taken during a service at a main dealer................. much worse - was discovered at an MOT soon after!

PB

Two Brisky stickers on my Yeti - lower offside corner at the back and upper nearside at the front. Plus I've got the matching number plate surrounds and a tax disc holder for my final bit of paper from DVLA.

Other than meets I've yet to see another sticker on a Yeti, though there are getting to be a lot around here.

Two Brisky stickers on my Yeti - lower offside corner at the back and upper nearside at the front. Plus I've got the matching number plate surrounds and a tax disc holder for my final bit of paper from DVLA.

Other than meets I've yet to see another sticker on a Yeti, though there are getting to be a lot around here.

SWMBO's LHD Corrida Red Yeti has a Brisky sticker on the rear window ;)

...... to this Forum, as discovering it, and reading the Yeti section, was the clincher when deciding to purchase my Yeti a couple of years ago. I was grateful then, and am grateful now.

Had my second year service today at 9939 miles (I know, I know.... wrong engine and all that some would say!), and have to say I haven't had a single problem whatsoever. Hope that's not tempting fate!! It's been huge fun to drive, and the occasional old age need to give an unsuspecting, and previously tailgating, Beemer a run for its money from the lights has unfailingly worked. Always encourage them to stay close afterwards so they know they've been seen-off  by a Skoda! They don't see it coming, do they  :giggle:.  Other wise, I drive quite sedately.. honest  :angel: !

Have adopted the Brisky wave where ever I've been, and had a number of friendly ones in return, but, funnily enough, I've never ever seen another Brisky sticker.... anywhere. Mine's on the top corner of the driver's side windscreen for all to see - where's yours?!!!

The only bit of bling I have added to the car over the time I've owned it has been a set of Skoda logo dust caps on the tyres. That said, I have a set of chrome fog light trims somewhere - must fit them sometime!

When I took it in into my dealer this morning I was advised it would have the 'VW problem' sorted as part of the routine, as I have one of the engines associated with the difficulty. When I collected it, it hadn't been done, and I was informed I should now await a letter. Ho hum...............

PB

You should find the car is good for a long while yet.  Ours has 38K on the clock and its the same as yours with manual box. Never a problem with dpf although have heard a passive regen a few times. Excellent acceleration and reasonable fuel consumption plus a good tower and good all-round vehicle. My main driver is and MB diesel auto E class coupe but I am more than happy to drive the Yeti.

...have heard a passive regen a few times. 

You don't hear passive regens, as there's nothing to hear.

You've heard an active regen, which is normal every few hundred miles - although very subtle, so many won't notice it happening.