Rattle (again)

Skoda Superb L&K (2014) estate. During the past few months it has developed a rattling sound from the area of the glove compartment/behind or around the L&K trim on the dash. If the glove compartment on the far end  or the trim (roughly where the Laurin & Klement engraving is on) is pressed, the rattling goes away. However, I cannot drive holding these spots!

It's present only when driving. When stationary, it cannot be heard

Sometime the rattling goes away during driving, other times it is persistent. I removed the fuse switch cover to see if anything is happening there but all seems to be OK. Any idea? Car is due for service in the next 2 weeks but even if I point it out to them, the chances are they'll simply say: 'We didn't spot the rattling'.

I had something similar, a rattle from the passenger footwell, had it in twice for them to find, recorded the noise and sent it to the dealer, they still could not find it. The service manager thought it was coming from the trim. I put some pas King behind the right hand trim in the footwell, down near the front end and now no more noise. Is may be that you have something similar on the left hand side in the passenger footwell?

I have something similar on my 2014 L&K. I solved the vent surround noise before but this is a slightly different noise, more like a buzzing noise but not overly irritating. I do think its impacted by changes in temperature as it is more noticeable now that the mornings are cooler.

Also it can disappear when the cabin warms up so not sure if there is anything I can do about it apart from turn up the radio :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure these are trim related but just in case do check for stones in the tray behind the lowest front grill between the fog lamps and in the area at the top of the bonnet around the windscreen wipers. Any stones, acorns, sticks etc in those areas can show up as cabin noise.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dealer said they put sound dampening foam where the noise is coming from but, will rattling extremely annoying. Will have to bring car in again to them. In my view, the spurce of the problem should have been found-not (fail) masked with dampening foam!