1 year old Octavia - expected discount for dealer?

jsgreen89

Looking to buy my first Skoda (Octavia 1.4 TSI DSG Elegance), after having to give up a company car.

Found a couple of cars I like, with a price of around £15k. The question I have is, what sort of discount can I expect for a cash purchase at a Skoda dealer? As usual they keep pushing me towards Contract hire of a brand new Skoda, but I'm determined to just buy my car outright, especially as we may keep it for 3-4 years.

I was hoping to maybe get £500 knocked off, or is this ambitious? Do they often try and push for free servicing instead?

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't pay more than 15 grand for one ,especially now new regs have come through, If a 32 grand BMW is going for 21995 at one year old  . No part ex cash, walk away if they do not do a deal, they will be on the phone the next day, no one pays list for new cars, or they are mad, even new model releases , dealers get bullish then one month down the line a pre reg car with 45 miles on goes for 3 grand less even on a 65 plate 

Looking to buy my first Skoda (Octavia 1.4 TSI DSG Elegance), after having to give up a company car.

Found a couple of cars I like, with a price of around £15k. The question I have is, what sort of discount can I expect for a cash purchase at a Skoda dealer? As usual they keep pushing me towards Contract hire of a brand new Skoda, but I'm determined to just buy my car outright, especially as we may keep it for 3-4 years.

I was hoping to maybe get £500 knocked off, or is this ambitious? Do they often try and push for free servicing instead?

Thanks in advance!

I think it would depend on the car, how long they'd had it , how much profit they have in it etc.. Also it may depend on the dealer's target, if they needed one more sale to hit target you may be able to push for a better deal. If they don't offer any discount at all , even after a day or two then is the time to push for extras such as a free service, full tank fuel etc..

One thing I've found from experience is not to agree to anything straight away. Say you need a day or two to think about it although I know this isn't easy if you have just found the perfect car. It's quite likely the dealer will call you back and you can negotiate a better deal.