Trip Computer keeps resetting?

Hi. 

Basically I went abroad and only got back, my car was parked up for around 3 to 4 weeks. I had disconnected the positive terminal. 

Came back and it started first time. Only to notice that the a lot of the lights were flashing on the speedo. Went off after abit and never came back. 

Now what ive noticed is that if I leave my car parked up and come back to it, the trip computer will have reset itself. 

The trip computer ( Average Mpg, Average Speed Ect )

Every thing goes back to 0. 

But if I drive the car and park up and turn it off and back on straight away it dosent reset. Only resets after a certain amount of time which im not 100% sure yet. 

Ive used a multimeter to check voltage of battery which shows 12v and when started shows 14v. 

So not sure what it is. Anyone have an idea??

Thank You 

Skoda Octavia Elegance 2.0 TDI 55 Reg 

Sounds like you're looking at trip1, which resets after 2 hours.

You need to press the OK button under the stalk which is trip 2. This resets after 99 hours of driving.

Oh didnt realize it had 2 trips LOL. School boy error. Thanks for that