Dunlop tyres

Ok here we go I have 3 types of Dunlop tyres on my vrs at moment what I want to know is wich are best.i like to drive hard getting my eastate mapped next year so 200 hp ish

Rears are Dunlop sportmaxx rt

Left front. Dunlop sportmaxx sp

Right front. Dunlop sport max fast responce

So I'm looking for price of each and wich I should put on front scrub off first then eventually have 4 boots all the same. Or do people not rate any of the above and have better tyres fitted around the same price range

Having matching tyres on each axle is VERY important, especially if you drive hard. You should get your front pair sorted ASAP, if one side is nearly new then just replace the other but if both are worn then put a new pair on. If you end up with a puncture on another reason you have to replace one tyre, always do both at the same time.

As others have said, F1 AS2 - will cost you less than 200 fitted for the pair

I've had two types of Dunlop sportmaxxes - most recently RT and i can't remember the suffix of the others.. neither were very good tbh. Not particularly grippy (wet or dry) wore quickly, hard ride, no rim protector.

As above, Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2's are the nuts.

Didn't like the Dunlop's. Sawtoothed and gave a harsh ride. Got Uniroyal Rainsport 2's on all round. They have been pretty good but Rainsport 3's on my van and the Boxster are good too. Will put 3's on the VRS when the time comes to replace them.

Edited by FatblokeVRS

Ok well some good news and bad. Bad being that my current tyres are crap and I don't have a matching pair on front. Good news is I now have some ideas of peoples feed back I won't be buying a new tyre just for the sake of matching up I'm afraid both fronts nearly new and money needs to be spent on bills etc first but if I was living back at Mams with no kids wife dog motorbike mortgage list goes on I probably would have. I also don't own a 4x4

Think it's looking like using front unmatching pair up then replace with matching set then putting back set on to front and doing same. Thanks guys.

I'd would not consider your tyres crap. Dunlop tyres are popular and that means that many people use them. They might be bad for one but good for another. That depends on your experience, driving habits etc.

Replace fronts with rears, like you said,and that's the best you can do right now with no expenses.

Ok well some good news and bad. Bad being that my current tyres are crap and I don't have a matching pair on front. Good news is I now have some ideas of peoples feed back I won't be buying a new tyre just for the sake of matching up I'm afraid both fronts nearly new and money needs to be spent on bills etc first but if I was living back at Mams with no kids wife dog motorbike mortgage list goes on I probably would have. I also don't own a 4x4

Think it's looking like using front unmatching pair up then replace with matching set then putting back set on to front and doing same. Thanks guys.

If they're nearly new then figure out which one is newest and get one of those. Chuck the other in your shed and when you need another pair you'll only need to buy one again. :)

• Like 1