Octavia RS accelleration issues

Hi guys,

I have an issue with my 2002 Octavia RS and I have not been able to match it exactly to any of the other issues described here in the forum.

So ... issue is..

When acceleration at a medium pace up through the gears the car accelerates fine. If I do a WOT acceleration and after that do an acceleration at a medium pace again the car hesitates/loses power/regains power/ from 2000rpm and all the way up through the rev range.

After a few minutes of driving the car settles and I am able to do a medium acceleration without too much hesitation.

I can also trigger the problem if I am in 5th gear and gives it some boost without it being WOT.

So its a boot isse of some sort? My mecanic is out of ideas :-/

Things changed :

Spark plugs

N75 valve

MAF sensor

Checked all hoses etc.

Any ideas will be apreciated!

The car has done 235tKM and I have had it for 10 years ... so I know how it should drive when it drives OK :-)

- Martin

I once knew of a rover 200 turbo that did this and it turned out to be overboosting and hitting the fuel defender due to home made boost contoller vacuum piping and bypassing the boost return line (recirculation valve). It was causing it to fuel defend and lean out. After that a positive pressure hose exploded and caused a runaway. Related... Maybe, maybe not.

You should consider taking it to someone with vcds as that will identify any faulty sensors and parts in seconds.