What do you love/ hate about your job?

@Lee

We've probably all seen and posted our job titles in another topic but what do you love, or hate, about your job?

I'm a Copper Jointer for Openreach (British Telecom) and have been doing this for almost one year.

Hate, the admin side of things, updating Network records, filling in forms, paperwork.

Love, being left to get on with things, being responsible for my own risk assessments, having my own (their) van, working my own hours (flex)

the problem solving, ever changing environments/ locations, different challenges but, most of all, having a gas cooker in the van to make a proper brew, a fry-up or some hot soup for lunch.

What's your loves/ hates and why?

Have no hates - some things perhaps might be a bit inconvenient, but once I hate something - It's not for me, and I am approaching 10 years now. :)

Love?  Lots - decent colleagues, inc all the bosses.  Entertaining is always a bonus,  Job is fairly varied in what I deal with even though ultimately I am nearly always "preparing accounts" :)  Working about 100 yards from a beach, Having my own office, going for tea whenever I like.  Also quite like being paid, oddly.

• Like 1

I really enjoy exceeding customer expectations and also seeing team members careers progress under my leadership.

I dislike customers who do not afford my team and I the opportunity to rectify problems before taking to social media and review websites to share their dissatisfaction wheron, more often than not, their public outpouring is grossly exaggerated and the first we've heard of it!

• Like 1

I really enjoy exceeding customer expectations and also seeing team members careers progress under my leadership.

I dislike customers who do not afford my team and I the opportunity to rectify problems before taking to social media and review websites to share their dissatisfaction wheron, more often than not, their public outpouring is grossly exaggerated and the first we've heard of it!

Trip Advisor etc?

I think all posts to such sites should be reviewed and the business owner given the right to reply before posts go 'live', good or bad.

Online 'reviews' are crap TBH. I don't trust them

• Like 2

Love the variety of work i get to cover, and the varying locations. Have a good set of gangs in my area that kniw their jobs and will muck in , and colleagues willimg to help out when youre snowed.

Hate, not much.. i dislike the night work, but thas when the interesting stuff get done.

dont like much of the admin, duplication of work roles, and management knee jerk solutions to non existent problems..

• Like 1

Mobile mechanic, love the job and work, only thing is working out in the cold weather and some of the people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

layers, long-johns and a flask of soup ;)

• Like 2

Love the variety of work i get to cover, and the varying locations. Have a good set of gangs in my area that kniw their jobs and will muck in , and colleagues willimg to help out when youre snowed.

Hate, not much.. i dislike the night work, but thas when the interesting stuff get done.

dont like much of the admin, duplication of work roles, and management knee jerk solutions to non existent problems..

what is it you do, Mac?

We've probably all seen and posted our job titles in another topic but what do you love, or hate, about your job?

I'm a Copper Jointer for Openreach (British Telecom) and have been doing this for almost one year.

Hate, the admin side of things, updating Network records, filling in forms, paperwork.

Love, being left to get on with things, being responsible for my own risk assessments, having my own (their) van, working my own hours (flex)

the problem solving, ever changing environments/ locations, different challenges but, most of all, having a gas cooker in the van to make a proper brew, a fry-up or some hot soup for lunch.

What's your loves/ hates and why?

Have you ever joined the wrong wires up Lee? :D

• Like 1

what is it you do, Mac?

as per t'other thread - im a structural engineer, employed as a maintenance, upgrade, and renewals engineer and project manager and procurer with h&s roles/responsibilities for the chief civil engineers dept of Iarnrod Eireann... im not going on strike later this month..thats the drivers
  • Like 1

Sitting in my Cab, cup of tea, leaving behind passengers who couldn't be @rsed to get of bed, pays well, ogling the crumpet on the platforms. Stopping short of the shelters when it's raining so very one gets wet

What more can I say

Bloody drivers :p

• Like 1

Love: my team, seeing people who started with me working their way up the ladder, customers (happy and stroppy) the variety of each day.

Hate: the way the business is going, expanding too fast and the constant changing of head office staff.

Trip Advisor etc?

I think all posts to such sites should be reviewed and the business owner given the right to reply before posts go 'live', good or bad.

Online 'reviews' are crap TBH. I don't trust them

TripAdvisor, Booking.com, Hotels.com to name but 3.

Businesses are only allowed to post a response after reviews have been published, and the appeals process is complex, lengthy and in my opinion 'a little' biased towards the customer, by which point the potential damage is done.

So remember folks, if it isn't right, afford the service provider the chance to do something to rectify the issue before going public. Please and Thank you :)

• Like 2