Spaceback SE Sport Ordered

Ordered one of these the other day, standard car apart from the LED DRL's i have ordered as an extra in the same color as below and dash trim.

Gone for the 1.4 TDI as it worked out cheaper over a 24 month term.

Ticks the boxes for its duties and comes with not a bad spec either.

skoda-rapid-spaceback-se-sport-1-2-tsi-1

content_spaceback-panoramic-roof_zpst6hs

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 2

Gorgeous car! I just ordered a SE Sport for January 2016 - those wheels you have in the pictures seem to be different to the one on the current config/brochure. Are they new for the 2016 model?

Gorgeous car! I just ordered a SE Sport for January 2016 - those wheels you have in the pictures seem to be different to the one on the current config/brochure. Are they new for the 2016 model?

Not sure on the wheels, the order says Savio Black and the new PDF online shows them with the RAYS now removed.

This is the latest PDF - https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_rapidspaceback.pdf -

1425310524_5JA071497BFL8_w450_h400.jpg

Not got a build date yet - when did you order Eniarah ?

Thanks

(note- the photos used above are the only ones i can find at the moment which i expect what it will look like)

Edited by RickTT

Not sure on the wheels, the order says Savio Black and the new PDF online shows them with the RAYS now removed.

This is the latest PDF - https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_rapidspaceback.pdf -

1425310524_5JA071497BFL8_w450_h400.jpg

Not got a build date yet - when did you order Eniarah ?

Thanks

(note- the photos used above are the only ones i can find at the moment which i expect what it will look like)

Hey Rick,

I haven't put a "final" order in yet if you get me, I have just put down a deposit and put the order into the system to get the ball rolling, but I can still make some changes like adding features and colours etc. I got a time frame of about 12 weeks from now so it will be early January all going well.

I see you linked the spaceback pdf, I'm actually getting the normal version and in their pdf I still see there is ray's in the document. https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_rapid.pdf

I will be talking to my dealer in the next few days.

To be honest both wheels look great and I'm not too fussed which I get but I'd just like to know :)

Here's the snippit from the document XqPHH0I.png

Cheers

edit: wording

Edited by eniarah

Hey Rick,

I haven't put a "final" order in yet if you get me, I have just put down a deposit and put the order into the system to get the ball rolling, but I can still make some changes like adding features and colours etc. I got a time frame of about 12 weeks from now so it will be early January all going well.

I see you linked the spaceback pdf, I'm actually getting the normal version and in their pdf I still see there is ray's in the document. https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_rapid.pdf

I will be talking to my dealer in the next few days.

To be honest both wheels look great and I'm not too fussed which I get but I'd just like to know :)

Here's the snippit from the document XqPHH0I.png

Cheers

edit: wording

The paper version of the Spaceback one i got from the dealer also still shows the rays -- not sure on the print date of it as i dont have it with me at the moment

They already changed it. The new spec (2016) cars have only been on the market a few months now, the next round of changes will probably be next summer.

The websites and brochures are often wrong.

Oh and the Rays finish is notoriously easy to damage on kerbs.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

Have Savio's on our old spec SE with sport pack as a dealer bought option (removed from a new Blackline as the owner wanted Rays) and noted they are made by Ronal, which I understand have a good reputation for alloys.

Oh the Camelot factory rims which I'm now planning on using for winter are also by Ronal.

TP

When I bought the dealer's demonstrator spaceback, I asked for all the rays to be refurbbed as part of the deal. They agreed, but ended up having to source 4 brand new ones for me as the diamond cut finish was price-prohibitive to repair. Soon after on one dark night, I decided it would be a great idea to kerb the nearside rear for a laugh (obviously). Thing is I was travelling at about 1.1 mph when the wheel came into contact with the kerb, resulting in a substantial gouge to the rim. The rays are very delicate; I replaced mine as soon as I could.

I think the new wheels and seat fabric looks great, I've got Ray's and I bought mine wig a scratch to the rear, asked the dealer to refurb it and he told me they are really difficult and expensive to repair and refused. I've been very careful since and so far so good. Everyone says how good they look on the car, I think they look better than VRS wheels. I'd suggest getting lower springs fitted, they make the car look great and it handles better.

• Like 1

To be fair all alloys are prone to damage. I'm really anal about how and where I park, I will actually drive twice round a car park just to find an end space so people don't scratch or dent my doors. I'm not saying I won't scratch my wheels but I also take the same care.

• Like 1

The Rays are a great wheel but so very prone to damage and with very little side wall protection:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Dione are also very kerb-sensitive, already scratched front left one :sweat:

The SportMaxx however has saved my *ss several times as they feature an edge that protects you from mild side to side touches.

• Like 2

Nice mate I picked one of these up the other week in white, very nice to look at and the infotainment system is really good as well.

Looks nice that does and i would of liked white and black combo.  (looking where you live you will be ok!! ,) but we live close enough to Leeds, and all their rank taxis have a stupid black and white scheme 

Leeds-MAIN1.jpg

My father in law thought he'd gone right up in the world when he got a white E-class Merc.

He always got seriously grumpy at the shouts of "TAXI !!!" from my son and I every time it came into view. :D

Edited by camelspyyder

• 2 weeks later...