Superb II 4X4 170 CR MPG?

I've owned a Superb II 4X4 170 CR Estate since the day before the emissions thing came to my attention.  I haven't had it on a proper run yet.  IT's doing 26-30mpg from cold to work/back (2 miles at most and oil temp just getting stable by the time I arrive).  I did a run involving town driving then a short stretch of dual carriageway and it did 35.  Anyone have any idea what it'll do in real world motorway/extra-urban conditions?

Thanks in advance.

Mine does about 45MPG almost constant on "day to day" use, although as I live in a village I have 10 miles of 60MPH roads in any direction..on a run I get mid 50's 55-56MPG as a rule...  (Manually measured not taken from the MFD:) )

Quite good for the size of car.. 

Don't worry about the recent events, I have had mine 14 months from new, still love the car, still think it is a fantastic car to own and drive, could not care less that my car is suspected of the issue, it will still be the same car I have driven for 14 months, and always will... and already looking at a Superb 3 ... I am taking no notice of the idiot press and there so called experts that already know that it WILL cause performance and MPG issues... load of crap in my opinion... Skoda would not be stupid enough to give a customer a worse car back.. just think of the bad publicity... ;)

From what ive read on this site these engines dont like lots of short journeys as the DPF filter will clog because the engine needs to be at running temp for it to operate properly. Give it a good blast up the motorway once a week to clear the poo!

From what ive read on this site these engines dont like lots of short journeys as the DPF filter will clog because the engine needs to be at running temp for it to operate properly. Give it a good blast up the motorway once a week to clear the poo!

Mine does seem to do what I suspect is a "regen" every 150-300 miles, but as I only do 150 miles a week I suspect that is the case, although it does it more than my old Exeo... 

Had it 14 months and if I get home and the tickover is higher I just go for a few miles "blast" (about 4) and all is OK..

Funny enough I go out to lunch on Sunday's and the place is on a dual carriage way that goes about 20 miles .. so I decided to take it for a run this Sunday to "clear her out" :) and I am going to do so once a month now... 

Day to day, on shortish journeys mine does measured 40-42mpg ( computer says 44-46). Best ever was last weekend, just under measured 48mpg over a 400mile trip on motorways four up most of the time, and some of that on M25 on a Sunday evening. At one point the computer was saying I had averaged 57! Generally speaking the comp says about 50-55 on longer journeys

Edit: mine is a manual BTW

Edited by Bristolf2b

I have one with DSG as well and get between 41 and 45 averaged over a full tank depending on the driving I do . I have never had it below 40. On 40 or 50 mile A road runs I can get around 50 mpg. I had a 140 4x4 DSG before this and it was a little better on short journeys and worse on long ones. All in all it works out about the same.  

I have had my 4 x 4 DSG 170 for nearly a year - 23k mileage - I get just about 40mpg and in some months it drops to 38mpg.  I drive up & down motorways 80% of the time the rest is urban.  I get really peed off tho with the stupid start stop which can be bloody dangerous when exiting tight x roads into fast traffic

My dealer has told me it's a waiting game but I will be recalled-  I don't want a worse consumption but am concerned about the MFGV @ the end of the 3 year term - If there's a deficit who's going to stump up the shortfall ?  VW / Skoda hmmm I bet they will try & wriggle out of it if they can

I am used to both measurements and for a quick conversion I use 4.5 litres to the 100ks is roughly 60 to the gallon(I wish!) On a measured run I got average 5.5 to the100 thats about 50 to the gallon those are rough figures but near enough anything over 45 per gallon is good(My L200 does 28 to the gallon)